That's what I say to my kiddos! They count down in sleeps like many kids do (I think). Braelyn got a lamb advent calendar from school at the beginning of Dec. and each day she glues on a cottonball and there are only 3 more spots to fill in! So it's Sat. night here - I am sitting doing some more tagging in ACDSee program and Kyle is upstairs with Braelyn in our bonus room having a sleepover. Today was pretty good - started off a bit rough and is ending on a good note. I was having a rough morning over just frustration with Kyle and the kids - did some cleaning therapy, Kyle took the girls out for a while, then they napped and I was here alone relaxing from 3-5:00! That's what I needed I think. Kyle's parents picked up Braelyn and Selah to take them to Saugatuck for a carriage ride and then for dinner. That left Kyle and I with just Gracyn (which seems like a cinch), and so we went to dinner with my parents at my favorite local steakhouse! Walgreens was next for a few stocking candies and stuff!
Last night we had Kyle's extended family Christmas party - good times. Good food again! Ugh - I am nost sure how I am going to lose weight with all these parties! I can't wait for the 1st of the year when me (and probably one million other people) decide to diet! I never can stick to a diet or exercise though. I have NO will power and I LOVE horrible food. I HATE to exercise too. I do know that I can cut out my pop intake and drink more water and that will help alot! Kyle and I also said we need to not have candy and cookies in the house. Easier said than done! Another resolution I would like to have is to put more faith in God in my life. I am realizing that some of my problems daily are because I am not just letting Him take over. I am not giving Him everything. I guess I am not totally sure yet "how" to give that all to Him. What does it look like to give Him my finances, my attitude, my plan for our lives. So hard. Would it be for me to not think about it. Would it be for me to just give up on some of these things? We'll see - but that is what I resolve to do I guess!
I am so excited to open gifts with just my family on Christmas morning. I have a family. We have traditions now - how crazy. I mean it is just weird for me still to this day to say "my family" and mean literally my family - not my family growing up. Braelyn is 3 1/2 and it still shocks me. Each year gets more fun with the girls because they "get" it more and more every year. Braelyn had a birthday party for Jesus on Fri. at school and she is so excited that we get to celebrate again on Tue.! We asked her where Jesus is and she said in Heaven, then we asked her if He is anywhere else and she said. "He's in my heart"! Awe - melt my heart. That is Christmas - having Jesus in your heart!
Off to tag some more in my scrapping program and Kyle just came down with Braelyn now - guess the sleepover is over - LOL!
Night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
It is crazy to say "my family" and have that mean hubbie and kids, not siblings and parents! I love it too! Have a great Christmas, Amanda!
So awesome - Braelynn is really catching on huh? Your girls are so beautiful. Saw some pics on Sarah's blog. Enjoy your family time tomorrow. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment