Weather has finally taken a turn here in Michigan I think! I know, I know...we're weeks and weeks behind some of you other folks who are in the 70's year round, but this is big for us! Tomorrow and Thur. are supposed to be high 60's here!!! I can MAYBE start wearing the cute new skirts I got!!! I refuse to wear my winter coats anymore now and the sandles are coming out folks! It's so fun to watch the girls start playing outside again. Braelyn can't stand anything getting dirty, so I think I have a girly girl on my hands. She had one spot on her underwear Sunday morning and she pitched a fit. I had to have a little talk with her , and she got over it, but man - I feel like I am dealing with a teenager lately.
Gracyn had her 6 month well child check-up today. Everything looked great the Dr. said - I think she was just above average on everything - I don't remember all the exacts. She is not quite 20 lbs. yet, so we will keep her in her infant carseat for a bit longer! She is sitting up all by herself which is a great phase. She is content to sit and play with toys now for a while, and for me it is just fun to play with her down on the floor like that. The older girls love it too that they can interact with her more when she is sitting up and playing. Gracyn also has become a great eater. She has been introduced to rice and oatmeal, sweet potato, squash, carrots, peas, peaches, pears, bananas, and applesauce. I think this week we will try prunes - all my girls seemed to like those. In the past I have always made a majority of my girls' baby food, but now I am not sure when I will get the time, and obviously it was more fun to do it with fresh farmers market fruit and veggies - I can't wait for that to open and start back up again in Holland!!!
Here are some things I have been working on lately.
Selah's sippy cup insert (the stitched flowers that overhang here obviously got cut off)
Braelyn's new sippy cup insert
My Starbuck's mug summer insert

My LO for this week's Lilypad Blog challenge. The challenge is to scrap some sort of anniversary and I chose the anniversary of becoming a family. Next month is Braelyn's 4th birthday and when I saw this picture I am just amazed at how fast it has gone!

LO using SMJ's new kit Lil Guys, and a template by Katy Larson at Kissed Studio

And this one is of Gracyn moving up to the duck tub - so fun!!! All Lilypad goodies here - including the template by Amy Martin! Did you all happen to see that Amy made Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame for 2008 - that is HUGE!!! Congrats Amy!

Hope you are all having a great week!



5 comments:
Cute layouts and cup inserts! And yay for sun!!
How fun that you can do sippy cup inserts. Love those. :) And I love that you scrapped that photo of Kyle and Braelyn. I think it's one of my favorite photos ever taken. :) I'm totally with ya on packing away the winter coats. Even if heaven forbid we got snow again I refuse to wear mine. :)
OH, I can't believe baby G is sitting up already, time has flown by!
Love your inserts!! Which totally reminds me to do my girls-- they still have winter ones in their cups. :)
Loving the weather too! The kids are loving being out too! :)
Talk to ya soon!
OMG how cuuute are those tumblers and pages! Mandy super cute!!!r
Love your layouts! Glad Gracyn is a healthy baby girl too! And I am LOVING the change in the weather as well!!!!!
Post a Comment