(for those who don’t know me that well – I am in the pink and green – bib #216 on the left.)
(Kyle there in the green/blue!)
Whew…just got done with a great race tonight! Our little town of Zeeland hosted the 1st Annual Zeeland Zoom race. Kyle and I entered the race since we’ve been on a running kick lately. I finished the race in 28:08 and Kyle finished it in 20:50. Both our personal records! It was a great flat, fast, and fun course! There is something fun about races. I have never been a runner and still don’t really consider myself a runner, but these races give me something to aspire to, a goal to work towards! I knew I wanted to beat my Riverbank Run time and I did, so I was happy! I think I did push myself a little too much because I don’t feel very good at all right now. Hopefully a good nights sleep will help! It was so fun to see so many people we knew too! It’s amazing to me that I hated running 4 months ago when my girlfriend Beth talked me into training, and now I almost like it (I said almost!). If you think you could never do it – think again! If I can, you can! I don’t consider myself athletic at all – only played sports up until middle school – never in high school. So next year for the Zeeland Zoom I hope to see even more of you!
My garden is really coming along!!! I came home yesterday after work and went to check the garden and my sugar snap peas had come! I was literally grinning from ear to ear and almost jumping up and down! Funny what planting a garden and tending to it can do for a soul! Kind of a God moment when I think about the fact that I planted a seed and they grew and produce food – pretty amazing that He gave us these things!
We got to get out on the boat this past weekend – went up to Saugatuck for the night. It was a beautiful night and we had a great time! Makes me really question whether we should sell it! :) I guess it can’t hurt to just keep it listed and see if anything comes of it. At least we can still enjoy it until it does sell!
Oh, and I am a nerd and took a picture of the FREE stuff I got on my shopping trip last week! I get real excited about free stuff – still loving my couponing/deal searching!
10 free Sobe Lifewaters
2 free milks
4 free Bestlife Butters
Free Suave Conditioner (for hubby or kids)
2 free Nivea Lip balms
and then the misc. free travel size things!
OK – I am off to catch some Zzzzz’s! Hoping I feel better in the morning! Night!
MandaKay



4 comments:
you guys rocked that race tonight! way to go! it will be nice to take a break until september :)
beth
Awesome job on the run. Wish I could've been there. Looks like mom did get some great pics though. And hey! How do you not tell me when there's free milk? Your milk-aholic sister and you don't even hook me up when you get it free??
So you're the one that took all the best life butters! Just kidding. I went there last week and they were out but told me they would be on sale for the a while because it was just a price drop... I could have sworn she said until July or maybe even august. Went back to today and they were regular price! I'm not giving up yet! But is sure is a lot of work!
P.S. Awesome job on the run! I so want to start running but really really hate it!
congrats manda!
Post a Comment