Don’t you just love Cotton Candy? I know I do, and now I have another reason to love Cotton Candy! I am lovin’ Cotton Candy By Natalie! Natalie makes the original Reversible Camera Strap made out of cute fabrics! I have been eyeing these camera straps now for a while – and more recently I have been introduced to Natalie’s straps. You see the straps I had seen prior to this were actually fabric covers for your existing camera strap, and I just wasn’t sure that is what I wanted. So, when I had heard about Natalie’s fabric straps and how they were actually a new strap to attach to your camera, I was really excited. The thing about me though…I don’t buy ANYTHING without quite a bit of thought. I don’t spend a ton of money on “extras”, so when I do I want to really be sure I want it! Sometimes I wish I wasn’t that way! Sometimes I am glad I am that way. Anyway, guess what?! I WON this strap from a blog giveaway!!! I don’t know if I have ever really won anything this good before! I have won some very small things, but nothing so nice as this! I sign up for giveaways ALL the time – I’m talking daily! LOL! I was beyond excited! So first of all I need to say Thank You to Gussy (who sounds like an amazingly sweet, creative, lovely soul), and especially to Natalie – for offering up one of her creations! Here is the strap I chose: Purple Paisley and Flowers (mind you I had to take these photos with my old point and shoot, and it SUCKS!)
It’s all I would have wanted and more! It’s sturdy and really well crafted! My theory behind picking this specific one is two fold. 1. I wear brown and black at different times, and I wanted a strap that would match both. Yeah – I’m kind of a nut like that. 2. I love purple. I always have. Think I always will!
So, remember be saying sometimes I wished I wasn’t such a thinker when it came to spending money…well this is one of those times, because had I bought a strap back when I first saw Cotton Candy by Natalie’s straps, I would have been a happier person even earlier! :) I seriously smile when I look at my camera now – it’s more “me” now! Fabric and music – two non-living things that can stir up emotion in me.
So, go…check out Natalie’s Etsy Shop and become a fan on facebook for specials!
On a more serious note, my heart has just been continually tugged on for some women and a family that I know, and for the hardships they are going thru. The B. Family (Lynette fighting Breast Cancer), The V.S. Family (Jackson fighting a blood disease and right now specifically weakness due to inflammation around the brain), and the V.B. family (Lindy in the final stages of battling breast cancer ie. finishing chemo and heading into the reconstruction, but as of tonight going thru tests in regards to a brain tumor found) I don’t want to give full last names without permission and I obviously don’t even know the half of what is going on with these people, but I KNOW that God hears our prayers, and if you could join me in saying a prayer for these people I would appreciate it and I know so would they! God knows what they need right now in this moment. It is so tough to hear the struggles of these amazing people, and I wish I could do so much more than pray, but for right now that is what I am doing, and asking you to join me!
And on that note, one thing I am going to do in September is to run the Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure, and if you are interested in supporting me in the run that would be great! I am running for Team Bell – and it sounds like the team is 88 people strong right now and our goal is $3,000 and we are already over $2,000 raised. Here is the info:

LOCALLY PRESENTED BY: 
Komen Grand Rapids Race for the Cure®
September 25, 2010
Dear Friends and Family,
I recently accepted the challenge to raise funds to support the Komen Grand Rapids Race for the Cure® on September 25th in the fight against breast cancer. One in eight women will be stricken with breast cancer in her lifetime and the more we raise, the more the Grand Rapids Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure can give back to fund vital breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs in our own community and support the national search for a cure. If you would like to see how the money is being spent, you can read about the grant programs that were funded this year by the Grand Rapids Komen Affiliate. 75% of the money raised stays right here in our local West Michigan Community while the remaining 25% supports the national research program.
Click here to visit my personal page and pledge your support.
Please join me in the fight by pledging in support of my participation in the Race or contributing generously to the Komen Grand Rapids Race for the Cure®. Your tax-deductible contribution will fund innovative outreach and awareness programs for medically underserved communities in the West Michigan area and national breast cancer research. It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make a donation online by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of this message. If you would prefer, you can also send your tax-deductible contribution to the address listed below. Whatever you can give will help! I truly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.
Thank you so much for your time and support in the fight against breast cancer! Every step counts!
Sincerely,
AmandaH.
To sponsor my participation online, click here.
Thanks, and again, so sorry for the lengthy post!
MandaKay



No comments:
Post a Comment