9.12.2010

Themed Movie Night

It was a gloomy rainy cold fall day yesterday here, and Kyle was gone for the night, so it was just me and the girls. I decided to throw a little themed movie night! I got the movie Alice in Wonderland, probably against my better judgment. It was a fun movie to do a theme for though! It was a bit dark for my girls, I think the cartoon one would have definitely been better. Here are a few pics of what I did. I basically just made the cute little card guys, which was super easy, and then made the cupcakes and set up a tea party with raspberry ice tea! I set it up while Gracyn and Selah were napping, and Selah came out and her eyes got big and she said “Wow…it’s so pretty”, in the most sweet voice! Made my day!

045teaparty

056TeaParty2

Braelyn played in her first soccer game yesterday as well! Besides sitting out in the cold rain, we really enjoyed watching her! I wasn’t sure if she would like soccer, but she seems to be enjoying it – even in the cold rain! She did really well too for her first time ever playing!

031

032

033

041

And we also went apple picking on Fri. night! Nothing like starting all the fun fall activities in one weekend right?!

004

014Edit

017

038

063

065

091

111

123

The first week of school went off without a hitch! Braelyn is now in 1st Grade, so our first year of all day every day! That’s quite an adjustment, but she’s liking it! Our morning routine has been going well, I usually wake up by 7:00 and get my workout in while she usually wakes up about that time as well and gets dressed and eats. Then I pack her lunch and finish up getting her ready so we can be out by the bus stop by 8:10am. Then I can shower and get ready after getting her off on the bus. Selah starts preschool two mornings starting this week, so hopefully that doesn’t throw off our schedule too much. I don’t think it will because I should still have time to shower after bus b/c Selah won’t need to be at school until 9:15. Our Wed. night church activities start up this week too, so that should be fun. Kyle and I are both teaching, so that will make for busy Wed. nights!

052Edit

Nothing new on the job front. Some days I get really bummed about the fact that my workplace was shut down. I loved that job. I miss that job. I don’t think I will ever find a job so good. I liked the small office, only working for two guys. I liked the flexibility. Just really bums me out. I know it’s going to be really hard to find something I will like as much. I am still keeping my eyes and ears open though, so if anyone local still hears of something let me know. I know Kyle would like me to get a job sooner than later, although I will admit I do enjoy being home with the girls. We have definitely been keeping busy!

Nothing new on the home for sale front either. We’ve had quite a few showings, so that is good. We know we are a bit high for the market, but we aren’t in a hurry, so no big deal. We’ve got no real plans after this if we do sell, so when it happens it happens. Lots to be praying about!

So there is our life in a nutshell right now! Have a great week!

MandaKay

No comments: