
Having some good family time around here - Kyle was off again today and we just hung out mainly. I did go into my work to touch base there again since I start work next week. I am kind of excited to get back into it - although I in no way look forward to having to get up and ready three mornings a week (really every morning b/c the two days I will not be working I will be getting ready to get Braelyn off to school). But I am excited to do a job that I can see continual progress in - KWIM?! I can get things done - I must be that type of person who needs to knock things off of a list! Anyway - so I am trying to enjoy this last little bit of being home with the kiddos.
Tonight we got Selah's big mattress for her bunk. If you remember we had her crib just set in under the top bunk. Well she climbs in and out all on her own so we decided why not just get the mattress. So tomorrow morning we will get the rest of the bed parts up and set the mattress on it. I have the comforter already from when I bought Braelyn's so they would match, so now I just need to run to BB&B and get her sheets! We also bought a lateral filing cabinet for our office. So Kyle will also be setting that up and we can get our stuff into it! In the afternoon we are heading out to my Aunts house in Allegan to go sledding with the girls! I think most of my family is going and my mom is going to make her homemade pizza so I am totally looking forward to that!
New Years Eve - fun night with our friends - possibly dinner out if I can get a sitter for an hour or two and then we are hosting the party here so that we can put our kids to bed since we don't have a sitter. I think this is at least our 4th annual (if not 5th annual) party with this group and I just love it. I totally love our group of friends and what we've become over the last few years. I feel like we all get along so well and we have such a good time together - girls and guys! It's fun to all be in the same stage with kids and motherhood/parenting!
OK - if you comment - please do tell what tradition you have had on New Years - even if it is something small that you do at the stroke of midnight!



4 comments:
Hey manda!
So I am sure you have someone watching the girls while you start work but if you are working just mornings and need someone let me know i dont ever work until 3
the picture of gracyn smiling is sooo cute she is getting so big already!
If I didnt have to work new years eve I would have babysat for ya but i work till 11 :(
As for a tradition...i have no idea.. its different every year :) definatly with friends thats about all :)
Hope you guys are having a great holiday!
give the girls a hug from me i miss them i need to come see them again :)
Cute LO of Gracyn. Happy New Year!
hey manda. glad to hear that your holiday was a great one!!! :)
a new years tradition... hmmm....we do not really have one. we usually stay home... o.k. since that usually happens is that a tradition? lol!
Dena :)
I am so excited to watch the girls this week :)
hope you had a good weekend and your week is going well so far i will see you wed morning!
ps. your slacking on your posts :) hehehe i know life is busy but i just had to tease you about it :)
see you soon!
Post a Comment