12.26.2007

How was everyone's Christmas? Ours was great! Lots of new toys for the kiddos, and Kyle and I did pretty well too! I have already begun to take a few things down this morning (nativity, stockings, etc...) My tree will stay up until Jan. 1 or 2 as will our outdoor decorations! I put together a few spreads of pictures for you just so you can see what we did!




Kyle and I, and the girls did our christmas present opening on Christmas Eve morning. We had a big breakfast together and then took showers and started opening! Gracyn slept which is kind of good because we really didn't get her anything from us. Mean I know, but she has all the baby toys she could ever need and she got stuff from Grandparents and Santa! Braelyn and Selah had to open all the presents together because it was all for BOTH of them! Mean again, but that way they understand that they need to share it! They got a Step 2 makeup vanity set, an ATV race track (okay so Dad needed ONE boy type toy!), and a Fisher Price karaoke set. They loved it all! Kyle got slippers, a CD, a book, and a firepit. I got a belt, robe, picture frames, and a new purse! He did great!




By 5:00 we were heading to my parents to do our Christmas Eve party! Lots of good food again and we had fun opening presents, of which the girls got the FisherPrice twin time doll house! We got some gift certificates for dinner and a movie and the kids got all new PJ's and sweatsuits! For our exchange we got a Cuisinart fondue set and a kids puzzle and kinetics type set too! We just hung out the rest of the night together as a family - the kids all played great! There are 12 cousins running around so it can get crazy, but it didn't really! We played kind of a fun game too called One Big Family.


Christmas morning we woke up for stockings by 7:00 (Braelyn was in bed by 6:00 with us asking us for one whole hour to go open stockings). Santa gave some great new books, bath soaps, candy, DVD's, kidsong CD, and some makeup/chapsticks. Gauge also got some goodies! After stocking and getting ready we went to Kyle's parents for breakfast. Afternoon naps and then it was off to a movie (Kyle and I, and his parents - tradition) and then to dinner, which my parents and kids joined us for! Good day altogether! We saw Charlie Wilson's War. Not sure what I thought of it. Wasn't great, wasn't horrible.

That brings us to today. Morning wasn't so good because I am trying to deal with Gracyn and insurance. She still has not been added to our policy and she is about 3 months old now. ARGH. Hate insurance. So guess who has thousands of dollars of bills staring at me?! Yep - sucks, and although I know it will get taken care of, I shouldn't have had to spend hours on phone and what not with three kids. My niece came to play with the girls for a while to help out. Tonight is Chuck-E-Cheese again for my nieces party. Kyle works today and tomorrow - then off again until next Wed.! Love all the family time!

So hope you all had as nice a Christmas and have a great short week!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Glad you guys had a great Christmas! Good to know about the movie, if it wasn't great it isn't worth me checking it out... I was wondering about it!

S Huiz said...

Sounds like some fun times and some good gifts. My mom saw that movie and loved it. I hate war movies so it doesn't appeal to me to even try. Ryan of course got about 20 new movies over the course of the Christmas week so we'll be busy watching those anyway.