12.03.2007

Randomness

So here is just a bit of randomness about my girls - thought I better remind myself b/c I want to put this info on a LO - but just don't have the time at the moment.

Braelyn - at 3 1/2 (almost!) -

is being pretty productive in school - learning so much - I think she is a good student
does not like her bunk bed she says - tries to get out of sleeping in it every night.
favorite foods - spaghetti and cinnamon rolls (our Sunday morning tradition - the cinnamon rolls)
wants make-up (and we don't have any. Yet!!!)
has been into putting clips in her and Selah's hair
is cute as a button
doesn't pronounce things all right yet. School is "cool", toy is "coy", video is "ideo"
fights with her sister - constantly bossing her around


Selah - almost 2
always has her hair hanging in her eyes b/c I refuse to cut bangs and she refuses to wear clips for very long
is NAUGHTY - or shall I say more mischevious
she talks ALOT - says darn near everything
loves singing Jingle Bells right now - and pretty much every song I sing to her. She picks up on songs right away.
does a cute little butt dance
antagonizes her big sister insesantly
like a lot of foods, but is one of the messiest 2 year olds I know as far as eating goes.
NEVER listens to me the first time - almost always needs to be told 3-4 times - usually the fourth time of yelling gets thru to her.

Gracyn - 2 months
She rolled from her tummy to her back on Sat. night!!! Not just once - TWICE. I thought it was a fluke thing.
sucks her thumb quite a bit now - finds it most the time.
she is smiling more and more. Likes to be talked to and smiled at
she has amazingly strong neck muscles and actually loves tummy time - has from the beginning.
growing more and more everyday
Oh yeah - and she is starting to sleep thru the night pretty consistantly - has for about a week or two!!!

Fun stuff with these three girls!

We had a good weekend - I just LOVE family time with Kyle home! The girls actually stayed busy this weekend - hardly any t.v. time! This morning we have been taking it easy again - staying out of the windy cold! I have done a bit of cleaning up and of course the girls have done a bit of tearing apart - LOL! Never fails. We'll do our lunch and then naps and I have BSF tonight. Kyle went out last night and did some shopping for me - boxed things up and then I wrapped the boxes. We said we weren't really going to do gifts - but apparently we are! I have no real great ideas for him. I think I will go out tonight and miss lecture so I can do some shopping alone! Horrible I know, but I really want to get it done! Our tree is overflowing from the bottom already! Tomorrow I have to help out at Braelyn's school b/c she is special helper so Sarah is taking the other two girls, and then at night we have Kyle's work dinner/party and Kyle's parents are coming here to watch the girls. We have been using babysitters alot and I feel so bad about it all the time. I HATE asking and I just feel guilty most the time for having other people watch our kids. Kyle's parents and my parents are SOOO awesome and help out ALOT. They do not make me feel guilty in the least - it's just that I feel guilty b/c I know they have other grandkids. Kyle and I always say though that we want to be the kind of grandparents some day that help out a TON. I hope to NEVER forget how awesome it is to have someone help you out as a parent and how nice it is to run some errands alone or just to go to dinner, small group, weekends away, etc... THANK YOU to those who help us out - you truly cannot know how much we appreciate it.

Wed. Gracyn has her 2 month appointment - can't wait to get her weight and height again! Also means shots too unfortunately!

I'll leave you with some new LO's. (I can't see any of my pictures/LO's from the last few posts, so hopefully I have not shown these already) OK - apparently I will not be showing my LO's - you will just have to click on my gallery link above to see what I have been working on.
Have a good day everyone!

5 comments:

S Huiz said...

Don't ever feel guilty about asking me to help- it is a great diversion for my kids and keeps them busy. Otherwise, we just sit home bored. :-) They LOVE playing with cousins and friends. You might as well get help for free when you can rather than pay a sitter is my motto. :-) Plus you know family loves your kids! (Even if we do let them fall from bleachers from time to time.) Haha

Shannon Bieger said...

Almost every single thing you posted about Selah could be said about Kyla too. LOL! We're definitely in that same boat about not wanting to cut bangs but having the hair fall in her eyes. Especially attractive when they have a runny nose. LOL!

Lynette said...

You skipped lecture to go shopping???? How dare you! :) Just kidding... you didn't miss much, I liked it just didn't find it as applicable as most of them are! Thanks for bringing my stuff... I appreciate it! They look good!

Cassondra Wolters said...

Hey Manda!!

I am so excited about watching the girls this coming weekend! :)

Dont feel bad calling me and asking to babysit I love being able to spend time with the girls! I just am not always able to :)

Hope you have a great week and I will plan on being to your house Friday around 11 30 unless plans change :) Just keep me updated I will probably call you sometime this week!

-Cassie

Bethany said...

I meant to comment on this the other day...shopping - you?? Do you die at Christmas because you HAVE to shop?? LOL! What did you get?