4.18.2008

Scrapbooking Class

So, as I was browsing blogs I see a lot of people I know in my area that have gotten into scrapbooking digitally in some way. Be it making blog headers or actual pages. And I got to thinking again and wondering if there would be interest again in a digital scrapbooking class of sorts. So if you have a computer and would maybe have interest in this type of thing please give me a shout out and let me know if there is of interest. The last time we had a class we held it at DeBoer Bakery & Cafe on Lakewood and they have a great room they let us use and we went over some basics of Photoshop and scrapbooking. We had some great freebies that some of my designer friends donated (and don't blame me if they made you a patron of theirs forever ;) and it was a great time. So, maybe there is no interest, but I just thought I would check. I see a lot of people at least making blog headers and stuff like that digitally. Fun stuff and I LOVE teaching it!

So, I am culinary challenged - did you all know that? I cannot cook for the life of me. I attempt things, and they just don't turn out. Totally burnt a roast on Mon. I even pray that God just allow something to turn out just once, and it doesn't - LOL! Maybe I am approaching it all wrong - who knows. My cookies I made this week tasted good, but they didn't look the best. The only things that I can make really good are my chicken enchiladas and my chicken bake that Kyle and I love - that's about it. So, we grill alot. Only problem with that is that our grill SUCKS!!! It is just getting old (it's over 7 years old), and that would be fine if it was a great quality grill, but it was a basic average grill (Sarah and Jen - I know you got it for us as a wedding gift and that is awesome - it's just that it has seen it's day - KWIM?) So anyway - I am sure you all didn't care to know all that, but it's been on my mind b/c I just want to be a good wife and mother and I wish I could cook and bake better. My sister Tammy is like Martha Stewart when it comes to her kitchen - in fact - I think she's even better than Martha!!!


What great weather we have been having here lately!!! I just got in from being outside with the girls swinging and riding bikes and all that good stuff! Gracyn is at a GREAT age for this stuff and just in time!!! I also have been busy cleaning my house today b/c we hav a couple coming thru it that might be interested. The nice thing is is that they moved here from Colorado and they have been living in an apartment, so no house for them to sell (well - they do have a house in CO that will be closing next month.) So it is kind of unexpected since we have not been really planning on pushing the sale of ours a whole lot. Just a simpl sign in the yard, figuring if it goes it goes. MI house market is just so so bad, so we'll see. not really expecting much. It is kind of nice to have to do good cleanings like this every so often!!! Looks so nice and sparkly! I love me a clean house! Makes my stress level go way down. We have small group tonight so not real sure how we are going to work that yet - Kyle will have to come back and show the house I think. No real plans tomorrow, just playing and having fun!


Here is a LO I have from today's new releases at The-Lilypad!


Braelyn loves to play with the kitchen set at school - they have tons of food and kitchen tools for them to play with and when I was special helper with Braelyn I got a few pictures of her playing! Kate's Fast Food Doodles were perfect for the LO! Big ole HALL OF FAMER Amy put out some super cute alphas late in the game too - so I didn't get to use them, but I am super excited to play! They would have been perfect on this LO so I may have to add them in!

OK - have a great weekend everyone! Toodles!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

i would love to see you do another scrapbooking class! I know I could use a refresher and a kick in the butt to scrapbook in the first place. keep me posted.

Good luck with your showing this weekend. hope it all goes well! :)

Cassondra Wolters said...

I would definatly be interested in a class!!

I keep seeing all these amazing books you do and I know my mom is interested in learning it as well!

See you in a half hour :)

Cassondra Wolters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I would totally be in...just to learn a few more things ;)

Amy

S Huiz said...

Hey, Hope you had fun tonight- I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever!!!!!! Let me know how the showing went- I have a GREAT place for you to live in transition!

Nina_VK said...

I don't think you give your self enough credit!!! I think you cook great! Every time that we have had something at your house it has been great!!!! :)

See ya Sunday!

Lynette said...

I thought I saw a sign in your yard... hoepfully it went well!

Jennifer said...

I'm Sarah's neighbor, and I would love to do a class. I want to get into digital scrapbookings like all you ladies, but have NO idea where to start. Let me know if you do it. And Sarah's great place for you to live if you sell your house comes with great neighbors!

Anonymous said...

K I'd love to take your class Mandy! CUUUUTE layout there! OMG Love the donuts! LOL

Freriks Family said...

I would love to have a digi scrapbook class. Let us know the details.