11.06.2008

Unsettled

Just been having that unsettled feeling lately. Not just in our new home, but in life. I'll take it in paragraphs!

We are all moved into our new home. ALMOST everything is in our possession and with us (I say almost b/c there are still some items at our storage unit, but it is really mainly garage stuff and it doesn't effect me!). I have come to find out that I am kind of a neat freak. I've always known that I don't like messes, but I am constantly being reminded of it in the last week. I hate that there is not a home for everything like I want there to be. I hate the clutter. I hate the boxes. I can't wait until we get a bit more settled in this house! And you all know that once we get settled it will be time to box it all up and move again! :) Such is my life! Anyway, on a more happy note...I LOVE our new house! Here is a little list of the things I love about it!

1. my wood floors (dark hand hewn wood)
2. my gas stove (first time for gas for us - cooks so much better!)
3. the girls each having their own room (they seem to sleep a bit better)
4. my master bath shower (a touch bigger than the one we were used to at my mom's!)
5. my new hutch in living room to house all of my scrapbooks and some kids toys and stuff
6. our half bath (do you remember me telling you this was going to be my favorite room in the whole house??? Well, it just might be!)
7. our fully grown front yard full of grass!!!
8. my little cozy office which will get even better once we get our new couch in there!

There you have it! Once we get more settled I will take more pictures on a day after cleaning it up all pretty and post them - just right now it really doesn't look that much different from the last pics I showed at the end of construction! :)


Life unsettlement:
I am going thru those feelings of being unsettled here on earth. Can't really explain how or why, I just know that I don't belong here. I am made for a better place, which is comforting and yet frustrating all at the same time. I feel unsettled about our country/world's future. I feel unsettled with my role as a parent. So many things that I just feel frightened about. Do any of you have those feelings lately? I know a few of you do just from talking with you lately. Glad I'm not alone!


Anyway, on the scrapping side of life - I've been in a rut lately. I haven't had time to really sit down and scrap some pages. When I am on the computer I am either selling things on Craigslist, checking emails, checking my scrapping, forums, but never really scrapping. I am gonna get behind if I don't watch out. That's probably another reason I want my house all settled so that I can sit and scrap! :) I did host the Lilypad blog challenge this week though! It's a fun easy one, so if you scrap you should join in - a very high chance of winning the gift certificate since not that many people play along!!! Here is the LO I did for it!



Hopefully I will blog sooner than I did between these two! Our weekend is pretty busy with a family date night, settling the house more, going to the movie "Fireproof", and a Sunday night Fusion leadership meeting! Hope you all have a great weekend too!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

hey girl!
glad to hear you are in your new place. i will pray that you are feeling more settled soon, literally and emotionally. I know what you mean about feeling like you don't belong. I get those feelings every once in a while. It is usually at a time when I cannot sit and process life because it gets so hectic. Maybe that is what is going on with you, because you haven't been busy or anything. :) have a great weekend and take a moment to take a deep breath!

Sarah said...

I SO want to see that movie Fireproof. Ryan and I may just have to that Sunday afternoon. Don't worry- you'll be settled soon enough. There is always something, isn't it? I kept thinking once we got settled, I'd have that "settled" feeling. Then something else comes up. Oh well- such is why we weren't created for this world like you said.

Anonymous said...

Presley had that same costume. So cute! I do understand the unsettlement.. it just seems that things are so crazy in the world right now & winter is coming and I think that can a bit of a downer sometimes w/o realizing it. everything's dreary. hang in there. house sounds awesome with all those custom nooks. enjoy!