Isn’t it easy to forget how blessed we are? I am given constant reminders by God about how blessed I am, and sometimes I ignore them. Sometimes it is easier to ignore them. It’s easier to whine and complain about “little” things, rather than focus on the big things that are right in front of my face. I have three beautiful, healthy kids right now. I have a husband that I adore. I have a great extended family. I have great friends. I have a God that loves me and who will NEVER let go of me! There is no doubt about it…I am blessed. Will I yell at my kids tomorrow morning? My guess is yes. Will I be irritated with my husband over something small and stupid? Maybe. Will I sin against the God that loves me without fail? Yes. But I am writing it down right now, and may my words be marked, that thru this life I AM BLESSED (even if I mumble otherwise under my breath at times).
I am getting more emotional as I get older. I don’t think I was even this emotional when I was a teenager raging with new female hormones. I cry over the smallest things. I hear a song, think of someone I know/love, even cry when my girls are fighting because it hurts me to see that. Geesh. What am I to do?! Sometimes it’s even a joyful cry. Tonight at a funeral I was crying tears of sadness, joy, awe, and frustration – all at the same time – I was even somewhat laughing at myself internally for not being able to figure out at least one thing to cry about at one given moment. Anyway – enough about that – I am sure I sound like a crazy woman by now and that you are all trying to look up medications that I should be on! ;)
We had a great weekend camping last weekend! Braelyn lost her 1st tooth! This has been a long time coming since she is going on 6 1/2 yrs. old already. Many of her friends/cousins had lost teeth by her age, so she was more excited than worried about it! We had noticed late last week that there was a new tooth that just popped up behind the loose one, and apparently that is all it took to really loosen the baby tooth! She had corn on the cob with us while camping and my peanut butter rice krispie bars with choc. on top, which really loosened the tooth, so once Aunt Jen came to stay a night camping and brought up some yummy m&m bars, that was all it took! Luckily Braelyn didn’t swallow it, and so we had a tooth fairy visit while we were camping! Braelyn so badly wanted to keep the tooth for a “memory” she said, so I told her we could leave a note for the fairy asking to leave the tooth (and the money yet too)! I don’t think Braelyn spoke any other words the rest of the weekend besides about the tooth! The girl was non-stop about that tooth. It was fun to watch her excitement though and crazy how even a milestone like losing a first tooth can make you proud as a parent!
It’s our last week before school starts! This is the first year I feel like that we actually have a true “end” to summer, now that Braelyn will be in first grade – full time school. We have done NO school clothes shopping yet, and not sure if I will this week or not. It’s still so blasted hot here, that I could get away with what she has. I am not a big shopper and I don’t like to spend money, so I think I am procrastinating. I do have her school supplies shopping done though. Selah will need a few new items of clothing too I think. Girl can’t have all hand me downs! I’m so apprehensive about Braelyn starting the 1st Grade. Will she choose the right friends? Will she get along good with her teacher? Will she finally pick up on reading? Will she be okay without me?! So much to worry about! ;) Selah is of course excited about preschool – she’ll settle in quickly and I think she is ready for the structure of a classroom again. I know I am ready for them both to be in school! They are fighting an awful lot lately and it’s really driving me insane.
Gracie’s doing great too – doing awesome on her potty training – seems to be 100% potty trained now which is WONDERFUL! No school for her this year – she will get some one on one mommy time!
And of course a few LO’s ( I think…I better go make sure I have some new ones to share…seems I haven’t sat and scrapped in a few days now).
See – only one!
Ciao,
MandaKay



1 comment:
we have so much to be thankful for!! thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment