11.14.2010

Whataya want from me…

I’m channeling my inner “Adam Lambert” tonight.  I’m not even sure why that title popped up in my mind.  Maybe it’s because I sometimes view blogging as a chore.  Not very often, but sometimes.  Now, I fully realize I don’t HAVE to blog.  It’s totally up to me if I write my thoughts down or not.  98% of the time I enjoy blogging.  My friend asked me the other night if I had a new blog post up recently, and I said “no, I think it’s been a little over a week”.  I then had to explain to the girls I was with that I actually have had many an instance over the last week where I thought to myself “I’ve got to blog about this”, but then when it comes down to it I don’t.  Some of the things I have wanted to blog about I don’t because of the fear of offending someone.  How dumb is that though, because this is my blog, my journal.  Some things I forgot that I was going to blog about.  Some things I just can’t blog about quite yet, so there you have it, that is why I haven’t blogged in over a week!  So, without further ado…here is my new blog post!

 

I had such a great Fri. and Sat. this weekend!  I went with some friends to a local hotel, for a scrapbook weekend!  After a great lunch with a friend we got all set up and started scrapping!  The dinner Fri. night was great, and I think we scrapped until about 1:00am!  Sat. morning we were right back at it after breakfast, had a great buffet lunch, and then scrapped until about 4:30.  By that time I had to get the girls from my in-laws!  It was a great weekend, so needed for this Mama, and I felt like I got a lot of things done!

The week ahead is rather daunting to me and I am trying to remain calm about all that is going on over here!  Any prayers for me would be appreciated as I delve into a new job and back into that mode again, after 5 months of being unemployed!  I am excited and I think it will be a great opportunity!  Lot’s of other busyness on top of that too of course!

 

And of course I have scrapping pages to share – seems like I always do!

Here are two new LO’s with some newer Lilypad goodies.  I started this first LO of my Dad on Veterans Day and finished it up this weekend – love documenting history for my family!  The second is of course another LO for my Disney album…it is slowly but surely getting done!

ProudToy-Story-Mania

This next group of LO’s are all done for the new journaling challenge going on at The-Lilypad.  The point of the challenges is to finish a 20 page book with your heart into the journaling.  For this album I chose to do it largely on me and my thoughts/likes/etc…

7-Things-About-MeFamily-Dinners

I'm-Frugal

And finally this set of LO’s will be done to put together a book with a lot of journaling and something that I hope my girls will LOVE reading and looking at someday!  The whole book/template/journaling prompts can be bought actually over at The-Lilypad is called Grow With Love:Kids by Sara Gleason and Crystal Livesay.  They are currently doing a 2 a week blog post with a new journal prompt each of those 2 days.  Join in…I dare you!  You will not be sorry you did!

Day-1---RememberDay-2---What's-in-a-Name

BraelynAdjectiveSelahAdjective

GracynAdjectives

That’s all I have for now.  Have a great week everyone!

MandaKay

2 comments:

bethmaat said...

i'm now humming that song!

fun weekend indeed. def need to do that more often.

i could leave right now....seriously! kids....yelling. how many more days?

Anonymous said...

I've never met you so I never knew that your little girls pronunciation was BRAY-lin, I always thought it was Bray-LYNN. I like your way MUCH better. Cute lay-outs!