7.27.2011

Fresh Fruit Pie recipe

I love summer fruit!  strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, all of the berries really!  And I love a good fresh fruit pie – almost better than a cooked pie and they are so easy too!  I thought I’d share the recipe that I got from my sister for fresh blueberry pie, which is basically good for any fresh fruit.  Think blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, peach, etc…!!!

 

Crust:  (if you should choose to make it from scratch!  I usually end up buying a Keebler ready made crust - it should be the shortbread kind though and not the graham crust!)
1/2 cup cold butter (real butter only - I use salted when I make it)
1 1/4 cup flour
1 Tbsp cold water
-Mix with two forks (hold back to back and cut thru ingredients).  Leave a bit crumbly, press into pie pan, poke a few times with a fork so that it doesn't bubble up and crack, bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool before filling.

Glaze for the fresh fruit:
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp corn starch
-mix dry in sauce pan
Add 1 cup water (or just a bit less than one cup)
Bring to boil/clear liquid and remove from heat.
Add 3 oz. box of jello (flavored to match fruit)
Chill the liquid by letting it sit for about 15 minutes or so.  Place your fresh fruit in the pie crust, and then pour the glaze over the fruit, and chill in the fridge until ready to eat!

Here is a very bad picture of the pie I made yesterday – doesn’t do it justice, but it’s all I got!

image

Hope you get a chance to try it!

MandaKay

3 comments:

bethmaat said...

YUM! How many cups of fresh fruit does the recipe require? or did you just guess how much by dumping some in until the pie looked full? I will try this with blueberry for sure :)

Anonymous said...

Yum, I always make it strawberry, but blueberry sounds delicious!!

Anonymous said...

Where do you buy this mysterious Keebler shortbread crust? I checked Meijer for it and they only had the oreo, the graham, and a low fat graham. I'm making it right now with just a regular baked pie crust shell. That's the way I make the strawberry one, so I thought I'd try it this way since I couldn't find the Keebler one and was too lazy to make my own.