11.24.2007

Have you all spent way to much money yet this weekend???

Have you all spent way to much money yet this weekend??? I know we have over here!!! Kyle and I don't really shop very often for "stuff". We like to grocery shop, but neither of us ever just go to Target, walk around, and leave with toys and "stuff". This weekend we did just that! Our kids really only get new toys at Christmas and birthdays. And they only get new clothes when they need them. I realize too after this weekend that I have no urge to do this again until next year - LOL! I don't really like the feeling of handing over wads of cash without end. Some people use buying stuff as therapy. Not me. Not Kyle. It just stresses us out! :) We're probably weird like that! Anyway we are MOSTLY done with our Christmas shopping. We haven't drawn a family on my side yet, so I will have to get one gift for one other family, and then for Kyle's dad, but mainly I am done!!! I even have stuff wrapped and under the beautiful tree!


Thanksgiving was GREAT! We hosted Kyle's side of family, which consisted of 21 people. It was CRAZY fun! The 9 kids (well - really I guess only 8 since I can't say Gracyn really played LOL) played so well together. Braelyn thoroughly enjoyed playing with her BOY cousins. She sees her girl cousins that she has so many of on my side quite a bit, so this was a refreshing change! They seemed to allow her to fit right in with them okay too! Our house was cleared out by about 5:00 and I went to my mom's to grab her paper ads. They had two of my aunts and uncles over and some cousins to eat a cream turkey sandwich dinner and play games so she invited me and Kyle back with the girls. When I got home Selah was MELTING DOWN. She did not get a nap so she was BAD. I decided we better stay home and let them sleep. I gave them a bath and then mentioned to Kyle that one of us should go to Meijer to get some shopping done before the rush! They had some good Thanksgiving day sales too! Well, seeing that we BOTH like to shop together he suggested we maybe put the girls down for bed at my mom's since she was home anyway, so we trucked over there for dinner. Selah fell asleep before we left the driveway. Braelyn, Kyle and I ate and then Kyle and I left with Gracyn. We hit BOTH of the Meijers by us and ended up with pretty much everything! By 10:30pm we were back for the girls (although I played two rounds of chicken foot dominos - which was quite fun actually - I had NEVER played and my parents play it ALL the time!) Fri morning we just stayed in - didn't want to battle crowds just to save $20 here and $20 there. You folks are insane! We did hit a few places at night and ate at Olive Garden for dinner. Of course for the girls we also got Krispy Kreme donuts and sat and watched airplanes at the airport too - had to do something for them! Truth be told though I also had to feed Gracyn so the airplane watching was partly for that! Today we hung out home again until 12:00 and then ran a few more errands. Girls are napping now and then we will take them to Chuck-E-Cheese for dinner and games. Kyle's parents are going to join us! So that is our weekend in a nut shell! If you stuck with me thru our boring life story this far - good job!!! :)


I have had NO time to scrap in the last 4 days, but I have two LO's to share that I did early last week for Shabby Miss Jenn - these two new kits are AWESOME and HUGE!





Other than that I have just been printing up my calendar and other projects too.

Tomorrow is the big Thanksgiving dinner at my parent's house which I am super excited about again. Two thanksgiving meals on two different days - now that is perfect. I feel bad for all of you that have to go to two meals on the same day - that is just not fair! I am thankful for two good meals on two totally different days! Bring it on!!!

Hope you all are having a great weekend with your families!

4 comments:

S Huiz said...

I thought maybe you had crossed over to the "other side" and enjoyed shopping now as much as you have shopped the past 2 days! Oh well, no such luck. :-) We sure did enjoy the Krispy Kremes- thanks a ton! Sadie has slept ALL day- maybe up for 2 hours total the entire day. She is still in bed now. Hopefully she'll turn the corner and B & S can come over soon. Enjoy Chuck E. CHeese's and your 2nd Thanksgiving dinner- that is the best not to have to cram 2 in one day.

Jamie Hall said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Enjoy #2!!!

Bethany said...

Oh - so jealous of the 2 meals on 2 days! We can hardly move once we get to the evening meal on Thanksgiving!

The LOs are adorable...Braelyn looks so big!

Sounds like a fun week/weekend for you guys...but no bringing you to the darkside we shopping lovers love so much, huh?

Lynette said...

I thought in the beginning of your post that you went out on Friday morning and I was going to call you CRAZY!!!! But Thursday night isn't so bad, I've done that before! Gla dyou got some shopping done! Your layouts look great too, I just saw that Christmas kit, it looks GREAT!