We all have them. Good days and bad days. this weekend was a bit of both. Even good minutes and bad minutes. Good hours and bad hours. They go hand in hand I guess. Can't have it all good all the time and that's okay. I think the bad times made me a little stronger. Made me question myself.
The weekend was a bit different than we had planned. Pretty much stayed home. Fri. night was dinner home. Sat. morning we went to breakfast and figured out that Selah has hand foot and mouth disease (coxsackievirus?). Her niece Ainsley has it and she must have gotten it from last Sat. at the pumpkin party. Anyway - so she needs to stay home for about a week. So, Sat. afternoon and night were spent just hanging out here at home. We picked up pizza and Braelyn played with her cousin Paige for a while - she LOVED that! Sunday we made a quick run to the mall (20 min.away) to get Braelyn her Children's Place winter coat. Wanted to get it before it was gone and cold weather I think has finally set in here! Selah stayed right in the stroller and we were literally in and out! Kyle went to his mom's for lunch yet since they needed to discuss Thanksgiving and Christmas plans - nice to have some of that on the calendar and planned out! I can't wait for Thanksgiving! It will be at our house again so I will need to do a bit of prep for that, but I just LOVE Thanksgiving! More than Christmas actually! Good food and the meaning of it for me is great - true holiday for thanks! Christmas has a great meaning too obviously - I am just often a little disappointed by the materialism of it. So last night I made blueberry muffins and Braelyn and I made Tollhouse cookies. They both turned out good - which is suprising for me! :)
This morning I was awake on time and finished up my bible study for BSF. Totally good lesson again. We are studying Matt. and Jesus' words. What a teacher he was. I think the part that I will like in lecture tonight will be on the treasures in heaven from Matt. 6. So often we store up treasures here on earth. I place more value on money than I should. We all do it. It's impossible not to in this world. I worry about saving it. I worry about spending it. Then ironically Jesus goes right into his next sermon about not worrying. What? OK - stop. Stop worrying about money or lack of it. Stop worrying about tomorrow. Just simple words from Jesus that hit home. Yesterday I was a bit stressed/depressed about some issues and then I read Matt. Love when God sets you straight. I am going to have faith that God will take care of me. And really - I don't NEED all the stuff I have been stressing about. Sure - I have a list of some things I want, but I will not just go out and buy them. How many of us right now have lists because of Christmas. Things we want to get for our kids, for our spouses, for us. We do pretty lean christmas' around here. Kyle and I usually buy VERY little for eachother. Like I believe some christmas' we have bought nothing for eachother. I like to have the kids see us exchange a little something though so we will probably fill a stocking of little things for eachother, but really we don't NEED stuff. I NEED a relationship with Jesus Christ. I NEED to tell others about him. I NEED for my treasures to be in Heaven, because at the end of the day that is what is going to matter. And STUFF just clutters my house - LOL! OK - that was another ramble!
So after feeding the kiddos I felt I needed to do something fun with them. We went for a walk. Braelyn rode her bike. Selah and Gracyn did great in the stroller. Braelyn kept saying she wanted to ride all the way to Grandma's house so that is what we did. It was a great workout for me! Sounds like snow flurries are on their way here so I figured it may be the last day b/c I HATE the cold. It was just brisk this morning. Actually sweating when we stopped!
So did you all have good weekends? Hopefully the sickies haven't hit your houses yet - and hopefully won't! Pretty basic week here - BSF tonight, dinner out tomorrow night, nothing Wed., Thur. dinner at in-laws. Fri. - Kyle out with friends briefly, Sat. night I think Kyle and I will do a DATE night! Movie and dinner or Movie and dessert. We will go see Dan in Real Life - can't wait!!! So I will chat at you later in the week - OK?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Yeah, I just left a message with Sara that I can't make it tonight. I know it's a last minute cancel but it is going to be way too hectic to get to Hudsonville & back with Presley, etc. Not a good night to start. It's bad to put it off - but I think I'd like to start from the beginning next fall.
Yes, I did buy the Babies R Us gift for Kristine. We can definitely ride together. I have know idea how to get there. I can mapquest it. Was most the group invited? I can't wait to see their new house. And I don't know that they found out the sex of the baby. Do you?
So sorry Selah is sick. A week at home doesn't sound so bad sometimes though in this hustle and bustle time of year. I hope it doesn't spread any further. Missed you and the girls yesterday at lunch. Were are you going out to dinner tomorrow night? We will most likely hit Logan's again, so maybe we'll see you? If not, have a good week and hope everyone is well soon. Speaking of the snow, it is HAILING at my house right now as I type this- weird!
Oh babes! I'm soooo sorry about Selah!!!! When those things happen, I usually tell life to take a pause..and deal with the family while forgetting about everything else. Hope that she gets better soon! :)HUGS!
Totally agree on all the lessons in this weeks BSF. WOW, talk about being constantly convicted of SOMETHING every week! I think this is my favorite study yet! Not sure why though, I never walk out feeling good, only convicted, which I guess is good in the long run! Hope everyone is better soon and it doesn't spread further!
sorry miss selah has the sickies. i can hardly believe it's that time of year again already-the holidays. the way it's materialized is a bit sad, kinda puts a damper on it really. sounds like your bible study is a really good one- i need that!
I know what you mean about the good and bad - sometimes all within a matter of minutes! We certainly have those here! We have had a stomach virus the past few days which is definitely a low point. LOL! Sounds like you still had a great weekend even though you stayed at home!
Post a Comment