Just wanted to get a few things jotted down so that I remember them so bear with!
Braelyn:
Man oh man is she getting so big. The girl fights with me. Now where does that come from??? Bam one day you wake up and you have a kid old enough to fight with ya! "But Mommmm" she'll say. I say back "No "but moms" - what I say goes" - LOL! Braelyn is totally loving school - I think she kind of wishes she could go more, although next year for preschool I am apprehensive to put her in the 3 mornings b/c of having to drive her those three times. We'll see. Lately I have been telling her that she has to stop growing. She replied back now three times "no - I want to grow to be a mommy like you"! Awe...melt my heart - guess I'm not doing such a bad job after all!
Selah:
Two and terrible! No just kidding! Selah is quite the gal really. Don't really know how to describe the girl. She can have us smiling the biggest smile one minute and so flippin mad the next minute! She has been into babies lately - one problem though - she tries to really treat them like a baby - like spreading white diaper creme all over the babies cloth lining - argh.
Gracyn:
Almost 4 months already. She rolled over a few times, but now has seemed to lose that ability! She is starting to lose some of her dark hair in the back - from sleeping on it - it's jut rubbing right off onto her sheets! She really is starting to laugh now which is always a riot! For some reason she is sleeping a little worse at night lately. She wakes up early morning to eat. I probably could just let her cry thru it like I did with the other kids, but for some reason I can't. I still have her sleeping in our room too - can't seem to give that up either yet! In a way I feel like I am clinging to some things b/c I am not sure if this is our last or not! Gracyn finally is getting baptized this Sunday! With holidays and the busyness of year end time just got away from us! Kyle's grandpa has baptized all of our kids. He is a retired Reverand and I believe he is like 84 or so (sorry - someone in Kyle's family can remind me of the actual age - I am not good with that stuff!) anyway - he has baptized all of his 10 great grandkids now! And unless we have one more I think that will be all their great grandkids! What a cool thing huh? Gracyn has her 4 month check-up on the 6th of Feb. so I can't wait to see how she's grown - she is a chunker man!
So that's my update on the kids! Kyle and I are celebrating our 7 year anniversary on Sunday! 7 years ago we said "I Do" and not once have I regretted it! He is the best thing that ever happened to me! I have no clue what I would do without the goofball! He is such a hard worker, so sensitive, great with the girls - he just amazes me! He's a keeper - that's for darn sure! Anyway - we aren't doing anything for our anniversary - I think Sat. night we will have fondue at home with our new fondue pot! We are out tonight for Dave Ramsey and tomorrow is our work dinner so two nights of babysitters is enough already! I don't think we are doing gifts either - which is alright! I am going to try to make him a nice card and get it printed without him knowing!
Lots to finish up tomorrow and Sat. - get outfits for baptism Sunday, get cakes ordered, figure out rest of food for Sunday, etc... OK - going into overwhelming mode - must STOP!!!
Have a great weekend guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Congrats on 7 years! That is a huge accomplishment in this day and age. The update on the girls is sweet too. Don't they grow so quickly?! If I could I would rewind my girls about 4 months, when they weren't fighting with each other so much! LOL! stinkers. Have a fun weekend!!!
I'll never forget your anniversary because that is my birthday as well! :)(
Congrats on 7 years!
Enjoy those girls ... they grow so fast. :)
I felt the same way about 3-school with Brooks. 2 days just wasn't enough, but 3 is perfect this year. He is glad to have a day off, but is raring to go back the next day. Maybe you could get in a carpool so you wouldn't have to get out all 3 mornings. Funny- Sadie is SO into babies right now too. She hauls one around at all times and feeds them (real food I might add), dresses them, takes them to a babysitter's, etc. So fun to watch a girl grow up for a change. Have fun tonight and tomorrow night- I gave Jen Selah's gift to give you b/c Cobe is home sick today so I couldn't get out.
P.S. Grandpa Hains is amazingly 87 years old!!!!
I hear you on the holding on to the baby part! (I'm Sarah's neighbor!) My three year old boy finally got his hair cut and I let him get away with way too much because I know my uterus is shut down for business! It's VERY HARD! I'm with you!
Sometimes it's scary reading your blog! We've been married the same amount of time, have 3 daughters close to the same age, both Christians....both play the martyr. LOL! Anyway, the thing you said about not being able to let Gracyn cry because you're not sure if she's gonna be your last or not...that's exactly where I am! I really feel like 3 is all I can handle but my heart just breaks thinking that this is my last! I honestly don't know how to know if we're done. I don't even know how to pray for God's leading with this because I don't know how to remove my own desires enough to listen when it comes to this topic, KWIM? Anyway, enough of my rambling. I just wanted to say "I hear ya!"
Post a Comment