10.07.2008

Heavy Heart

I have a heavy heart this afternoon as I just heard that Kyle's grandfather past away. Grandpa Hains has struggled with cancer just in the past 3 months, but up until that point was such a healthy man. These last few weeks are always tough though as we watched him slowly slip away from us. He is a Reverend/Pastor, and was still actively preaching at Royal Park, and some other events up until probably 6 months ago. Almost a year ago he baptised my third daughter, as he did both other girls too! He married Kyle and I, and so we have so many special moments to remember. my sister in law Sarah wrote a beautiful couple paragraphs about Grandpa HERE. I am 100% certain that he is a saint. The man knew God so well, and he lived out his life for Him. He is the epitome of what a christian should be and how a christian should act. I am so thankful that my girls got to know him a bit. I pray that Braelyn and Selah at least remember parts of him. I told them this afternoon that Papa Hains went up to heaven to be with Jesus. This is really the first time I have tried to explain this to them. When my grandmother died a year ago they just wouldn't have grasped it really, so we didn't really talk to them much about it. Braelyn knew Papa Hains quite well, because grandma and grandpa Hains are quite active in their great-grandchildren's lives. Braelyn just said she didn't want Papa Hains to go up to heaven, and said she would miss him. I tried to explain heaven a little bit and then told her that if we love God and accept Him into our hearts, then some day we will get to see Jesus and be with Papa Hains again. I hope I did a good job with such a big topic. Yikes. That's the part of parenting that no one prepares ya for. So yeah - just a heavy heart today that we will miss Grandpa Hains here on earth, but wow - I bettcha Jesus and the angels are rejoicing, and I can just hear Grandpa's beautiful voice singing praise to his King! Thank you listening!

8 comments:

TheCatLord said...

hugs to you and your family. so sorry to hear about kyle's grandpa.

Lynette said...

Thinking of you all right now!

Kimberly said...

My heart breaks for all of you in the Huizenga family. He truly was a great man of God and a great example of a husband, father, grandpa and great-grandpa. You know we're saying a prayer for all of you to have a peace that passes all understanding. Rejoice in the fact that Grandpa Hains rewards have been stored in Heaven - and I'm sure that man has a boxes and boxes of them.

Anonymous said...

OH Mandy I am so sorry! Will say some prayers for Kyle and your family. Hugs!

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Know that he is entered into the kingdom and you will see him again someday :D

Ladybug hugs,
;D

Val said...

Your famiy has our sympathys! Sorry for your loss!!!

Anonymous said...

praying for you guys Amanda:)

Anonymous said...

we are also thinking of you guys. he was a great man & will be missed. but think of his great reward that he had been waiting for.
It sounds like you did a good job explaining to Braelynn. You are a good mom. :)
Let us know visitation info.