12.10.2008

Frustrations & Thanks

Just feeling frustrated lately. To sum it all up...Kyle is cut down to 32 hr. weeks, which is really quite an adjustment financially. I am impatient with my girls and I don't think they like me all that much right now. The economy is a while frustration in and of itself. The nice thing is...God is always faithful. I have no reason at all to doubt that he will remain faithful to Kyle and I and our family, so I just need to hold on to that!

On the other hand...I am thankful that Kyle HAS a job at all right now! I am thankful that my girls do really love me and that they are healthy and adorable! I am thankful that the economy will get better - it always has! I need to just remind myself to view the positive and not the negative!

It's been a busy week around here - we have something every night this week! Monday night was a very nice dinner with Kyle's work group for Christmas. No cruise giveaway which we were VERY bummed about this year, but they did bless us with a little mastercard spending money which is ALWAYS nice this time of year! It was an enjoyable dinner/night out. Last night I had some of my church girlfriends over for some scrapping. I got NOTHING done whatsoever, but it is always nice to chat and hang out! Tonight is Taco Supper at church and Braelyn has class. Tomorrow night I have to jog off to a Nursery Committee meeting. Friday Kyle and I get to go shopping for the girls' christmas presents finally (they are getting VERY little this year - mainly just stocking stuff!), and then nothing at night (I hope to sit on the couch maybe watch a movie and snuggle by the fire - seems like I haven't really connected with Kyle lately!). Sat. we start our first of family Christmas parties! I am most excited for that! We will have a wide variety of yummy food, and then Santa will make a little visit (which the kiddos love!), and then we will all open our little gifts from eachother! This first party is with Kyle's mom and dad and siblings! Sunday we have a busy day wth church stuff. Our Fusion group is having a Christmas breakfast during the Sunday School hour, and then at night the girls get to be in the Christmas Program! There's my week in a nutshell - bet it's pretty boring to some! :)

I have been VERY unmotivated on the scrapping front. I have been doing little things here and there for gifts and stuff, but nothing much for LO's lately. My pictures are all horrible - I wish I actually had some good pictures to work with. May have to borrow a decent camera for a week or something to get some fun pictures!

Well, I hear Gracyn jabbering away in her crib right now - and I am guessing the other two girls aren't far behind, and when they wake up I am going to have to apologize to them for being impatient and unkind to them before naps :). Such is life! :)

Hope everyone's week is going well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that about Kyle's job Manda. That sucks. If you guys end up out this way shopping on Friday you're welcome to pick up my camera for the weekend. I'll be in town Monday and could probably get it at lunch from mom's. I've been taking daily photos with it but I could miss a few days & don't have anything exciting to take pictures of anyway. I think I've photographed every ornament on my tree & officially ticked off pixel waking her up from her cozy nap today with the shutter sound. ;) Just holler if you're out in Grandville.

Bethany said...

Sorry to hear about Kyle's job, Amanda...times sure are tough and it's rough, isn't it? You have a good attitude though and a great family...such blessings! Looks like a busy rest of the week for you! Take a little time for yourself in there somewhere, girl!

Sarah said...

Looking forward to our Christmas party Saturday!!!! God IS faithful- we'll keep you guys in our prayers during these tough economic times.

Sey-sey was cute last night- she ended up joining in and having a great time!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about Kyle's job Mandy!!!! :( I will say a prayer that God works everything out. He always provides. Um totally am feeling the "out of scrapping" loop here too! Hugs! I hope your day turns brighter sweetness!