So I am sitting here and again I am watching the 5th person get pulled out of the ditch behind our house. For those of you that live here in my town - you know Adam's St. between 96th and Drenthe. Apparently it is VERY slippery right by 76th (our back road). I truly do feel bad for each and everyone of them, b/c I know it must suck making the call to your spouse to come help you out. Today I caught the whole thing as a Tahoe spun around and threw powdery snow all over the place. Yikes. (Edited to add: make that 6 now - and this one hit a road sign and the cop had to come out because of property damage - awe).
The snow here is just incredible. Yesterday Kyle had to take me and the girls to my mom's house and then I took her 4WD to work. My minivan would have never made it out of the cul-de-sac. My little 'ole mini van has been in the garage, not even started, since last Thur.! With the flu and Kyle being home a bit more we have been forced to use his truck to get around b/c of all the snow!
I have a few pics to share of our new dining room table!!! We finally found one we liked and that would match our house! I LOVE it! Then as I was taking pictures of it I remembered that I never took "final" pics of our kitchen and house. I took a few today of rooms that were halfway decent looking! :) Here is my new table! We are looking for a bench to put one side so that two side chairs can go on the ends and we can seat 6-8! The table also has TWO additional 18" leafs so it will get HUGE if we ever needed it to!
And here is my most favorite room in the house! ;) my half bath! I know I know - I'm crazy, but I love it even though we barely use it! I got this super cute lamp for Christmas from Kyle's mom!

This is the garage entry - and the door there to the laundry room. The locker system is almost exactly like our last house and I love having it!
This is the garage entry - and the door there to the laundry room. The locker system is almost exactly like our last house and I love having it!
A view of our pantry (which has a nice counter in it so I can hide some of the obnoxious stuff that I hate having on my counters!), and our little desk/mail area in the kitchen.
And a little different view of the living room, from the kitchen - with our new couch. This room was kind of a mess with a new kitchen set (that will NOT be staying there), and the extra christmas decorations that I am actually almost ready to take down to declutter again!
Here are a few new LO's I had been working on. All using The-Lilypad goodies!!!



Are you still here with me???!!! Kind of a long post - guess I am making up for lost time! OK - Merry Christmas everyone!
MandaKay



4 comments:
So glad to hear a more up beat post!! It sounded like you guys were having a horrible weekend!
I love the table!!! So much better than the last in there :)
What did you guys do with the old table? let me know we might be interested our cabnets are that orangey color
Anyways hope things are going well I am going to give you a call today I need to get some measurements from you :)
Love the LO's too :)
super cute table!!!
Love that you've given us updated photos.. Love your kithen and that pantry is the cat's meow!!! How smart with the counter for all the big things.
LOVE that new table too!
what a beautiful home you have!!!!
Post a Comment