and it's not much better inside. We had a frightful night last night. Around 12:30 I started to feel nauseaus and so I layed down for a bit. About an hour later I threw up. It continued until about 7:00 - out both ends. I had thought that hopefully it was just hitting me b/c I had gotten a flu shot while at the Dr. on Wed. I also started some new meds that had side effects similar to what I was feeling so I hopefull that no one else in the family would get it. Well, by 8:00 Kyle had started and shortly after I got the kiddos to bed (while I was still in a state of pure exhaustion), Selah threw up in bed and then Braelyn. I was back an forth from one room to the next all night long. I was also busy keeping the laundry going all night. Thank goodness that Kyle let me stay in my bed all day yesterday to prepare. Unfortunately he couldn't be much help at night b/c he was doing the same thing as the girls. The only one spared was sweet little one year old Gracyn - hopefully she doesn't get it either. So here we sit this morning hunkered down in the house today relaxing, disinfecting, cleaning, laundry - all that good stuff. Church was canceled due to the horrific weather out. Fri. morning we got a huge storm that canceled schools, and now this morning a huge storm that canceled churches. Ugh. I guess I am glad we are stayin in. We were supposed to have quite a busy morning at church too with me having to spotlight our new nursery committee/sign-up, and some stuff in our Fusion group. I felt bad last night that we weren't going to be able to make it, but now everything is canceled.
I haven't blogged in a while - guess maybe I am/was feeling burnt out on it. From the week before Thanksgiving until Mid Jan. it is just really busy - I know you all know what I mean. Sometimes I just feel overwhelmed with all there is to do. We are doing a VERY scaled back Christmas - there are 3 presents under the tree and that is all there will be - other than some stocking things. This year we spent more on supporting others than we did on our family and it feels good. I am thankful that we will be healthy hopefully on Christmas Eve and Christmas day! Our party on Sat. night got canceled (which is good b/c we were sick), due to one of my cousins little daughters' being ill and in the hospital, so that party I guess will get rescheduled.
Other than that its just been christmas pageants, shopping, and baking going on around here!
On the scrapping front - I did muster up a LO this week using SMJ's new kit: Rock Star - girl edition. And thankfully Janet Phillips templates saved me again - these things are a lifesaver when you are low on inspiration or time!

That's all I can muster up today gals - I think I will take another nap today - Kyle's doing it now, so I'd say it's my turn next! :) Hope you all stay healthy and if I don't check in before Christmas then I want to wish you a Merry Christmas!



2 comments:
Oh the flu!!! We all had that a few weeks ago too!! Hopefully you are all over it soon!!!
hope you guys are all better now!
Post a Comment