I have to ask myself that! January for us has been busier than Dec. for some reason! Just lots of stuff going on, busy every night and weekend it seems like! All fun stuff for the most part, but it has been keeping us on our feet! I don't know where to even begin with blogging it's been so long!
I got a call last Fri. from my boss asking if I wanted more hours and if I wanted to be office manager! I was kind of taken aback because we are super busy b/c of the economy here and I work for a financing company and we all know how tough financing is right now! Anyway - our office manager resigned on good terms, and I was next up for the spot! I need to pick up at least an extra day, which means extra child care though. So that is the big part - I am looking for someone that I can pay to come to my house possibly one day a week! With my mom and mother-in-law covering the other two days I think that will work out okay. It might pose a problem come next fall with schooling and stuff to work out, but the job and my boss are also very flexible and it's a small office!
We are a week away from our warm weather vacation!!! I can't even express how excited I am! The high temperature today is 10 degree (which is better than other parts of the country - experiencing negative degrees). The roads are quite icy and we need to drive slower around here. I hate having to drive slow! ;) Anyway - Punta Cana 10 day forcast shows an average of 82 degrees and that is looking pretty welcoming at this moment! The break from kids and all the noise and busyness is sounding pretty swell too!
The kids are good. Selah turns 3 on Monday so that's kind of fun! We were supposed to go to Chuck-E-Cheese last night with my family, but we cancelled due to the flu still being passed around in our family. I made a 2 layer marble cake that now sits on my counter so that's a bummer. Selah is quite the girl. She is as sweet as can be at times and yet can be such a little stinker. She longs to be like her big sister, and they have been quite the players lately! Sometimes they are not real nice to Gracyn - they don't always want them around them. Gracyn is growing up so big too - 15 months and full of life. Braelyn is out playing with Kyle in this COLD weather which I think it nuts. She is daddy's girl thru and thru. The girl adores her Dad.
Tonight we are going to Buffalo Wild Wings with a bunch of friends to celebrate my girlfriend Beth's 30th birthday. Tomorrow night we are going out with Kyle's whole family to a yummy local pizza joint (8 adults, 9 kids - yikes - pray for us!) After dinner we are coming here for cake and ice cream for Selah's birthday. Sunday is a soup and sledding event after church for our Fusion group, so it's a busy weekend!
I have not been really scrapping lately. Not sure what it is, but I just am not feeling it. It doesn't help being so busy, but when I do sit to scrap I just don't come up with anything. I am thinking it will be a bit easier after the vacation - should have some nice photos from that, and I picked up a few vacation/island type kits to play with!
Ok - time to scoot - have a great weekend everyone!
MandaKay



4 comments:
I'm jealous that you are going on a warm vacation! Sounds soooo good right! Enjoy Buffalo Wild Wings... that sounds yummy too! And congrats on the new position!
so jealous of the P.C. trip... keep telling myself, just another 18mos to wait. awesome that you're getting a promotion of sorts :) daycare is hard, that's why
i'm dropping half day, only way to get P to school next fall, etc. see you tonight.
Let me know if you still need someone for childcare- I thought of a great option- she goes to Hope and was one of our fav sitters!!!! See you tomorrow!
Hey Lady..sounds like you have been keeping busy:) It has been in the 70s here...that is the closest thing to a sunny vacation I think we will have this year!
Post a Comment