2.17.2009

Another Tues. rambling

Apparently Tuesdays are my day to blog. Did you all have a good weekend/valentine's day??? I was suprised to come home on Thur. night last week to these beautiful tulips. I was kind of suprised b/c we don't really "do" valentines day. Very hallmarkish to me and we just really don't do big things on many holidays. So when I saw these sitting on my table last Thur. after workin all day and then sitting at preschool sign up for4 hours that night I was so happy! He also got the girls a bouquet of pink roses that they split up and put in each of their rooms - so sweet!




Our weekend was fun! Friday night we stayed home and hung out. I scrapped some vacation pictures so I'll have to post those as I get them done! Sat. was a very low key day as well. Kyle was out fishing in the morning and then he picked up his folks from the airport afternoon so I just hung out with the girls at home all day. By 5:00 we headed over to my mom's house for a little party. The kids all decorated their own heart shaped homemade pizzas and then we did gifts for Emma and Selah, and a pinata! The party was fun and it was a neat way to spend valentines! Sunday we had church stuff in the AM and then for lunch we actually came home and ate here. That is totally unusual b/c we always either go to my parent's or to Kyle's parents for Sunday lunch. It was kind of nice. I left after lunch to go and find some new jeans and a new shirt for this coming weekend. I had luck with jeans at American Eagle, but I searched high and low for a shirt and came up with NOTHING. Argh. It was nice though to just go out by myelf for a couple hours - Kyle was insisting on it b/c I was kind of crabby on Sunday morning! :) Love when hubby realizes I need alone/quiet time! Don't we all at times?!


This weekend we have a marriage retreat overnighter on Fri. to Sat., and then Sat. night we have Kyle's high school reunion. Should be a fun weekend!!! Anyway - that is what I wanted a new shirt for, but no such luck. Kyle's reunion is like a 14 year reunion - wierd I know. Should be fun though even if it turns out to be a bust b/c alot of our friends will be there - so at least it will be a good time to hang out with friends!

Anyway - here are some scrappy layouts!

Using Shabby Miss Jenn's new kit - Shabby Babies - isn't it adorable?!!!


Using mostly Shabby Miss Jenn's Seaside Picnic kit - but also Sabrina Dupre's Natural Beauty kit


Isn't this LO so fun?!!! I know I am bias of course, but I love it! We had some fun on that trampoline! Made me feel 15 again! Mostly The-Lilypad stuff on here with some Peppermint Creative stuff as well!

And last but not least I did this LO last night while watching my fave show - 24 on Fox!!! The Lilypad blog challenge this week is to scrap a love/hate relationship. For me it's Jillian Michaels. I love her and yet I hate her! If you have ever done her workout you know what I mean. Although I will say at first when I started working out with her I hated her more than I loved her. I am finally leaning a little more to love side only b/c I am seeing some results and that feels GOOD! Most of the goodies on this page are new to the Lilypad today - there are some great dollar deals that you should rush over and buy before tonight!

What's for dinner tonight??? We are having chicken drumsticks! Maybe I'll do some rice with it! Kyle and I went yesterday at lunch and bought him a new grill, so he gets to go pick it up tonight - all assembled!!! He is so excited! We've had the same grill for 8 years and it is HORRIBLE. It has so many hot spots and food never cooks evenly. He's been complaining about it for about 2 years and we don't buy things until we have the money on hand so now he finally gets to get the Weber grill he has been wanting! I can't wait to try out some good meat on it!

I am also ANXIOUSLY awaiting a package that is supposed to arrive tomorrow as well - but I am not going to disclose what it is yet!!! I am sure I will blog out of sheer excitement on Wed. or Thurs.!!! Maybe some of you can already guess what it is!

I'll leave ya with that - sorry about the long post! ;)

6 comments:

bethmaat said...

hmmmmmmmmm, a rebel xti?
so glad you FINALLY got that new grill!!! way to go!

S Huiz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S Huiz said...

You guys sure do shop alot and get a ton of new stuff for calling yourselves frugal and non-shoppers! ;-) I hope you are getting a new camera!

Your layouts are great!!!!!

Lynette said...

My guess is a new camera... very very excting. I'm sure your as excited about it as Kyle was about his grill! (was that ice fishing or boat fishing... either way brrrrrrrr, but Matt would be sooo jealous)!

Melissa said...

i am with everyone else...a camera! how exciting! can't wait to hear all about it!

TheCatLord said...

oooh i can't wait to see what you got!
lovin your layouts girl!
i wish i could find a pair of jeans at american eagle, for some reason they just don't look right on me :(
have fun at the retreat!