2.20.2009

Were you waiting for me?

I FINALLY have a moment to show off what I have been waiting YEARS for!!! On Wed. in the mail I recieved this:


And below is what I have shot pictures with for the last 3 or 4 years. Isn't the difference in picture quality amazing? Obvisouly I had to use my Canon G6 to take the picture of my new 40D, and I took the picture of the G6 with the 40D. So much more crisp and clear!



I bought the 40D camera body. And then the following accessories: Tamron lens (Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 XR DI ASPHER f/CANON), this lens (Canon 50mm f/1.8 II EF LENS), this flash (Canon SPEEDLITE 430EX II), and then the battery grip as well! I just love the feel of it in my hand!
Can you tell I am excited?!

Here is a picture of my tulips from Kyle with my 40D and then the following is the picture I took a few days ago of the tulips with the G6 - major difference (I do realize that they are taken at different angles so that makes a difference too, but it really is so much more crisp)! I still have so much to learn about with the camera, so I will be shooting in manual mode most likely for a while, but I love that I will be able to get some great pictures of my kids and our life!

So, anyway - it came in the mail on Wed. while I was working. I went right from work to a quick dinner at home with the family and then off with Braelyn to church for Wed. night classes. Then I went to my friend Amy's house to go over a class that we are going to hold, and then Thur. I worked all day again! My mom and dad took over pizza and then I had to cut my dad's hair and do my mom's nails before they go on their service project. So needless to say I have been too busy to even take it out of it's package until late last night! Maybe I'll take it to all of the fun stuff we have going on this weekend. The only thing is - I don't have a bag yet - haven't decided on what I want - open to suggestions from you all that have DSLR's!

I must say that this economy stuff is getting pretty depressing. I know that sounds funny after I just bought a 40D and Kyle got a new grill, but I must say we buy things in cash - so that means we wait until we have the money to buy what we want. Unfortunately a concept that is not real well known in America. Kyle and I are VERY blessed with what we have in life and I know that not a single penny of it is ours. Last night though we heard of two more local family run business' that are either going under or struggling. Well established businesses at that. My heart goes out to the owners and what they are going thru right now. Working in a financial leasing company I see daily the struggles of people not able to make their payments and how it effect EVERYTHING. Ugh. I am praying so hard for a renewal of some sort in America. I will say though that I don't doubt for a minute that some of these trials we are going thru are to further our faith. Many will disagree with me or say "what kind of God is that then?", but I have been reading the book of James and he says this to the people:

"Dear brothers and sisters,[a] when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. James 1:2-4.

I pray that we grow in knowledge as a country and people. Knowledge of how we are supposed to live and Who we need to trust and give our blessings back to. OK - not sure where that came from, and I am sure that I didn't write it just right b/c I am no writer, but it is what it is.

OK - hope you all have a great weekend! And in Michigan here - all I can say is when is it going to warm up???

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Congrats on the new camera... I have those same lenses and love them! I have a great video for learning to shoot manual put out by MeRa Koh that you are welcome to borrow if you want, definately helped me a ton!

TheCatLord said...

congrats on your new toy!! as for a bag, i have a crumpler so that it holds my camera and several lenses. i had to do a lot of research because wanted to justify a shootsac, but it's expensive and it doesn't even hold your camera, just your lenses so i ended up getting the 7 million dollar home by crumpler.
as for america's financial situation, i would like to see some sort of renewal too, but when the ones who spend more than they can afford, get let off the hook they can't learn from it and do better. girl, i could go on about this one. like how we do everything right, have great credit, only buy what we can afford, don't live outside our means, pay our bills on time and in full and now we are being punished for it. oh and the legislators in my state decided to raise our taxes making us one of the highest tax state in the country. (can you tell this post struck a chord with me?)
i just need to be trusting God and know that He has a plan for us. all of us. thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

glad you love your new toy! the pics are definitely much better. who knew! not me! have fun!

S Huiz said...

YAY! You FINALLY got your camera!!!!!!! Sweet! Hope you had fun at the marriage retreat and at Kyle's reunion too.

Who are the local run family businesses that went under? I haven't heard I don't think.

Hope you are enjoying your snowy, but sunny Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Coooool camera! :) I'm trying not to get too jealous since my Nikon Coolpix is sitting next to me and might take offense. But between you and me, the Coolpix is gonna get replaced eventually. What an amazing difference in photo quality!

And, amen on the other thoughts too. I don't like this economy, but it sure has a lot of potential for bringing us together and allowing us to rely on God. We're doing a sermon series on finances at church and it's really cool to hear the stories of how God is working on hearts through the avenue of our money!

Bethany said...

Congrats on the new camera, Amanda! What fun! Enjoy it! I just saw on slickdeals that ebags.com has some good deals on Crumpler bags right now...might be worth checking out! Have a great week!