4.04.2009

Look what I just made!!!

I am so excited about this folks. I just made The Pioneer Woman's "Best Chocolate Sheet Cake" recipe. I cannot wait to try it!!! I am not a cooker/baker/kitchen gal at all so this is huge for me! Usually nothing i make turns out like the recipe says it should, and I just don't usually like to hang out in the kitchen usually. Well - the Pioneer Woman is doing a little something something in my heart lately! Bless her heart!




Picture me in my kitchen, dancing (literally - I was dancing!) to some good 'ole country music and just mixing some old fashioned ingredients together. It was FUN!





The weekend has been great so far! Last night we just ate at home and then we had to hit Carter's for a few necessities for the girls! After getting home we let Braelyn & Selah stay up for a bit and watch Nim's Island. Braelyn made it about 3/4 way thru the movie and cashed out! It was so cute because as you can just see in the bottom of the picture her best friend Gauge is sleeping curled up in her lap.


Selah made it the whole way thru the movie. Kyle and I joked that she would stay up all night if she could. As long as she can suck her fingers and pull her hair she is all set! <3

This morning we woke up and went to breakfast with the girls - we hardly ever go to breakfast so it was a real treat! We drove around a bit and hit Carters again to exchange a few things and then we came home. Kyle played outside with the girls while I cleaned the house a bit. So nice to do that when he is home and can occupy the girls for me! Selah and Gracyn then went down for naps and Kyle took Braelyn to run an errand so that is when I baked my cake (and am now blogging!). In a little bit we are going to hit Fricano's with Kyle's parents b/c, well, they asked us to, and who really can turn down Fricano's. (for those of you not from here I must say that Fricano's pizza is GREASY GREASY, but the BEST! Very thin crust and crispy - well crispy until the grease sets in to the crust too much then it is a little softer!) Sounds good, right?!

Palm Sunday tomorrow - love Palm Sunday. From Palm Sunday until Easter Sunday is always a time of reflection for us as christians. Kind of a WOW week. Brings me down a notch in all aspects, in a good way! What an amazing God I serve!

Snow is on the way they say so I am hoping that this is it and then it should turn SPRING-LIKE! I have been refusing to wear a coat anymore so hopefully it won't get too too blistery this week! It is spring break week this week and it is ALWAYS nasty weather here in MI for spring break. I guess those of you that go down south this week think it's pretty funny! Anyway - have a great rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I love the pioneer woman's blog. That cake looks yummy. Totally impressed that you baked something like that completely from scratch. I'm more of a boxed mix baker myself. :) You sisters are killin' me here with Mario's earlier in the week for Kimmy and Fricano's tonight for you. Haven't been to either one in probably over a year. And the refusal to wear a coat after a certain point must run in the family. I feel the exact same way and froze my butt off being out with Kimmy and the girls earlier today but the sunshine made it that much harder to give in to the winter jacket idea. Have a great dinner tonight and a good Palm Sunday tomorrow.

Lynette said...

Love the recipe's on Pioneer Womans blog... I've been a frequent visitor lately! Your description of Fricano's maybe doesn't make it totally appealing to someone who doesn't know... but it sure is delicious! Clover Bar in grand haven has good pizza too, we had that last night!!!