I can’t believe I have gone this long without updating my blog! I guess I don’t feel like I have anything real great to write about. Often I will think in my head…”Oh, I should blog about this”…and then I forget or just haven’t had time. I am enjoying my summer though! It is nice to not have the deadlines of school and preschool. Driving to and from preschool two times a week during the school year for the last 3 year years is starting to get old and I have 3 more years of preschool running yet! I still have been driving the kids around a bunch here and there, but at least it’s not quite as structured as preschool stuff. This week we have swimming lessons during the day, VBS at night, and still working and juggling all of that! I think I’ve just come to terms with the fact that i will never just be able to sit home all day for even one day. Just when I think I will be able to stay home for a whole day without having to run somewhere, something comes up! And I am a homebody so it’s kind of tough on me! I married a non-homebody though, so even if I make it a whole day my husband then gets us to go somewhere at night! Gotta love him though!
So what is new with our family…hmmmm. I’ll just do a quick update for family or anyone else interested.
Kyle
Kyle is staying pretty steady at work – not super super busy, but fairly consistent at least and we are so thankful for that! He is such a hard worker and he is so on top of things around the house. So often I tell him that I am not sure what I would do without him! He loves to have our yard looking good, provides a nice home for me and maintains it well – I really can’t take credit for any of that! He has gotten up north twice now with a friend this spring/summer to do some fishing and he loves that!
Amanda
It’s always kind of hard to write a paragraph about yourself. I am down to 15 hrs. a week at work – hoping I can keep it at at least that! I am doing 3 5 hr. days, so I have a little extra time in the morning and get home a bit earlier in the afternoon and that is nice and makes it easier to make dinner and get a good start on our evenings! I have been enjoying baking more and more – love my new kitchen-aid mixer! Because I have been baking more I have been running more! ;) I am starting to somewhat enjoy running, which I thought would NEVER happen! When I first started running in March I HATED it! My legs hurt, I couldn’t run for more than a minute at a time, etc…, but I am just getting to the point that I can somewhat enjoy it! I will say though that running in the heat is not all that fun! Kyle and I are running in a local race next week, so we are training for that right now! I still love to do Jillian’s 30 Day Shred video too – I just haven’t been doing it every day. I of course still enjoy digital scrapbooking, although it seems I have a little less time for that in the summer! Garden is growing great – I don’t have anything to reap yet, but it should be soon! I can’t wait for fresh beans and tomatoes! (as I end this paragraph I think it’s funny because at first I thought it’s the hardest to write about my updates, and yet it’s the longest paragraph. Guess I know the most about myself)
Braelyn
Braelyn is officially a 1st grader! I can’t believe that I will have a child in school full time! Her t-ball season has pretty much wrapped up. I think she liked it overall. She had a bit of an issue with getting tagged out – it crushed her and made her not want to play anymore, but this past game we told her how to hit the ball more towards third base instead of 1st and then to run faster and she made it on base (actually got to home base) all three innings! She was happy about that! She is going to try gymnastics this summer and then soccer in the fall, so we just want to introduce her to sports and see what she might like!
Selah
Selah has graduated three-school and is now going into preschool! She asked today when she goes back to school! She has been doing gymnastics and tonight she had a team meet where they got to show all of the things they learned to family and friends! She did great and was a little crowd pleaser! Selah can be my little back talker, which we are trying to curb that behavior. She also just cut her own hair last week. She cut herself some bangs (which I am adamantly against for my girls for some reason!), and I didn’t notice it until we were at a church gathering, so I couldn’t really discipline right there. We did have a talk with her about it later though.
Gracyn
Our little Gracyn is 2 1/2 now and she is not signed up for anything. Poor girl! Someday it will be her turn for all the fun activities, but right now she just has to watch and wait! She’s really pretty good about it all though! We still do not have Gracyn potty trained. She really has no interest yet, and I am not really pushing it. I know it’s odd, but for some reason I don’t think I’m quite ready for it yet. Weird huh? Maybe because she is my last, and that will just mean we won’t have a “baby” anymore. It will be great though for the first time in 6+ years to not have to buy diapers! We have had a child (sometimes 2) in diapers for over 6 years now – which is crazy! I can’t imagine how the Dugger mom feels – she probably has bought diapers for 25+ years straight! Anyway – I got off on a tangent there! So Gracyn is growing and doing great – lots of fun with her!
There you have it – a quick (or not so quick) update on our little family!
And now for some recent LO’s:
Phew…can tell I haven’t posted in a while! OK – I’m off to bed – hopefully I can blog a little sooner next time! Hope everyone is having a great summer so far!



3 comments:
you are a busy woman! working, running, gardening, taking care of your family- you go girl!
i need to blog more too-i'm on the kids computer now cuz my hard drive died :(
You forgot to mention in your paragraph that you still got it goin' on! Hottie mama! :)
Oh, Amanda. I was thinking about you today, seriously, because I was trying to find someone I knew that was in the same boat as me...just to make sure they survived! I thought, "Hey, Amanda has got three young kids and she has managed to stay alive!" I can do it to! Your first paragraph really seemed to fit what I've been going thru too! Keep up the good work! You're an amazing mom!
Post a Comment