It’s almost here! Christmas!!! One of the biggest two Christian holidays of the year, and without Christmas there would be not Easter – so yeah…Christmas is big! I’m not a Christmas freak really. I think Christmas is a bit too commercialized personally. I don’t decorate a ton, I don’t do a ton of shopping, I’m not a real gifty gifty type person (it’s just not my love language, sorry), so Christmas to me truly is more about the celebration of Jesus’ birth many years ago. My other favorite thing about Christmas is the parties and get togethers with family and friends! I truly look forward to them! Our Huizenga side party is already done, and it was great! Santa made an appearance, many of the kids did a lot of gymnastics (even some of the adults!) and great food and fellowship! We did have to miss out on my Mom’s side extended family party though. Can’t hit them all I guess. We also had two great work parties/dinners, which reminded me how blessed we are to have jobs! Now we look forward to my family Christmas party on Christmas Eve! On Christmas morning we will enjoy the morning here at home with our girls for our own Christmas, and then breakfast with Kyle’s parents and sister and her family. Our other tradition is to go to a movie on Christmas Day and some sort of dinner out (wherever we can find that is open)! Good good times and great memories always surround Christmas!
Braelyn has been enjoying her break so far. Today is the first morning we had some snow on the ground, so they got out a bit to enjoy that! We’ve made a craft, made Christmas cookies, got doughnuts for breakfast…all kinds of treats to make the week special! I’ve really been enjoying having her home with us and not having school and other commitments this week. The girls have been playing pretty good with each other!
So, looking back, it’s been a month since I last blogged! I don’t honestly know where the time goes! I just haven’t had a ton of time I feel like to sit and blog. I want to, but I don’t. Story of our lives right?! But it’s been a great month! Thanksgiving was great, we decorated for Christmas, we enjoyed the first snow, and we bought our first Christmas gift as a family!!!
Gunner! A Weimaraner. He’s a riot. We didn’t get along so great our first 4 days, but he’s been in our family now for about 2 weeks and we love him! He’s super handsome and nice and cuddly. He’s not real hyper for a puppy either. He did take up a ton of my time though in the last 2 weeks, so there’s my excuse for that!
And I really have been having a hard time scrapping lately, so I don’t have a ton of new LO’s to share. I’ve been taking quite a few photos though, so I am going to need to buckle down and really scrap here soon! I hate getting backed up on that!
And with that…From our family to Yours…



No comments:
Post a Comment