3.16.2011

Happy St. Patrick’s Day

I’m not at all Irish, and I have never really celebrated St. Patrick’s Day, but I always love a good reason to bake a unique fun cupcake!  I have a slight cupcake obsession – I love looking at pictures of cupcakes.  Cupcakes make me smile!

Here are the Rainbow Cupcakes I made today:

001

Here is the batter divided into 6 different containers and dyed the appropriate colors!  At this point Selah and Gracyn’s eyes were big as saucers!   I think they thought I had gone mad!

I filled the cupcake liners with the colors in order: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.  This part was a bit tricky, and thru this phase I seriously wondered what I was getting myself into.  I did NOT think these were going to turn out!

003

But guess what…

006

they seemed to turn out!!!  The finished product was VERY good too!  White cake mix ( I used Pillsbury this time and loved the taste!)  White cake is definitely my favorite!  And I made the frosting.  I did a block of cream cheese, a stick of softened butter, and I think about 3 cups of powdered sugar of course, some clear vanilla extract, and a touch of almond extract!

018

So there you have it – Taste the Rainbow!!!  And happy St. Patrick’s day if you celebrate it!

4 comments:

TheCatLord said...

Those look yummy and fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! I literally just frosted my 9 x 13 rainbow cake (you did a ton more work with the cupcakes--they are so cute though). I had fun swirling mine with a fork. It did dirty up a ton of bowls, but the kids loved it. I did this last year too but accidentally swirled too much and it looked gray--NOT appetizing. This year we had success. We also had Lucky Charms for breakfast, which we never buy. Fun!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I'm going to have to remember this for next year!

Denise said...

Opps. That last comment was from me!