I’m always amazed the difference between my time on vacation with no kiddos and my time at home in the normal everyday grind! We took an adult only vacation with our friends, and our only stress for the day was where we were going to eat that night for dinner! I didn’t have to worry about making lunches, doing homework, running to t-ball practices or gymnastics, work, etc… I didn’t really sleep in on vacation – it’s just not something I can do, but to be able to get up in the morning, check some emails, sit out on a porch listening to the gulf waves, and having a good breakfast was wonderful! I even read a book – literally a whole book in one day! That is a huge achievement for me! I am just not a reader. I wish I was, but I never take the time to do that. To be completely honest there is always something else I’d rather do…like scrapbook or browse galleries/forums. My girlfriend had brought along the book “Heaven is for Real”, and she was telling us some of the facts about the book, and it intrigued me! She finished it up, and I started right in! We had some great dicussions about the book and the concept of heaven, while sitting on the porch at night! I now have my hubby reading it! It’s a pretty unbelievable story, and it paints a great picture of heaven! And the whole concept of children in heaven…wow – how precious! They truly are Jesus’ children!
Here are a few photos from our vacation!
Our drink cups and tunes!
the dolphin that was extremely close to shore! We could completely see his whole body very well!
We had a pretty good time watching this movie – The Other Guys! Got a couple good lines from that to joke about all week!
From the roof of the condo – great pool and beach!
The guys went out for shark and tarpon fishing, but only caught one smaller shark. Kind of a bummer.
And one night we went to the dog tracks. I have never been and was interested in what they were. We aren’t big gamblers and we have kind of bad luck with these type of things, so we were out after $10! Good night though!
And of course we had to love the guys cooking breakfast and cleaning the kitchen!
And the guys were even good sports and wore these fun, LOUD, touristy shirts that Beth got a steal of a deal on!
Good times…just good times! It was a great break from parenting and my kids loved the time they got to spend with Grandpas and Grandmas and Aunt!
Braelyn is in her second year of t-ball and she is liking it much better this year! She is much more confident and is really getting the concept of it. Last year was somewhat brutal to watch because none of the kids really understood what to do with the ball!
She made it to home plate on each inning!
And what would a t-ball game be without ice cream afterwards?!
My diva – jumpin’ around
And today we went to the Tulip Time Parade, and I forgot my camera!!! Gasp!!! It was fun to just enjoy it though! I think I actually got more sun in one day here today in MI than I got the whole week in FL though! I ALWAYS put on sunscreen when I am laying out, so I was lathered up in FL, but I don’t always do so good lathering up at home when I am just running around or doing stuff outside all day.
And I haven’t been scrapbooking much at all! I don’t know what it is, but I am just not feeling it. I did manage to do this LO while on vacation though, and I LOVE how it turned out – it was the perfect kit for the perfect picture, and the LO got picked yesterday on the Gallery Standouts blog! Such an honor!
Have a great rest of your week!
MandaKay



1 comment:
I am so glad that you got to have such a fun 'adult' vacation--sounds like bliss. And I have heard great things about that book as well, it is on my summer 'to-read' list!
Becky
(bderby)
Post a Comment