6.12.2011

Once a Month Post

Guess I can barely call this blog my “Everyday Life” blog when I have been updating it only once a month lately!  I may have to come up with a new clever title!  Smile  As usual, and much like everyone else in life…things are busy!  Summer Break is officially here, and so all three kiddos are home with me on the days I am home and don’t work.  Our first week was very fun, very busy, and I guess I could say successful!  I think the kids would consider it that  at least!  I on the other hand felt a little overwhelmed with everything.  The constant questions about who can we play with, what can we have to eat, can so and so eat over, can we swim, can we have a play date, etc….Let alone the fact that they were in and out of the house a million times a day.  I had to keep telling myself that it was all ok, and that they are just being kids and enjoying summer!  This week we have a few more structured things planned which will be good!

Without sounding like I am whining, I just have to complain about the house for sale business.  I am so sick of trying to sell our house.  I keep telling Kyle that this is the last time I am doing this.  We are staying in the next house!   I am so sick of showings, so sick of hearing that people don’t like this or that about a house I LOVE, and sick of being in the top 2 or 3 choices for someone and showing our house 2-3 times to the same couple just to have them decide on another house.  I don’t get my hopes up when we have a showing.  I pretty much go into it thinking it won’t amount to anything, but I stress about having the house spotless and making it perfect, because you know it just takes that “1” right buyer.  And needless to say, doing that with 3 kids, and at kind of inconvenient times  in a bad market is just exhausting.  There.  My rant is over on that!

I haven’t been really into scrapping lately for some reason.  I’ve never had this much of a lull with that, but I have been trying.  Spring/Summer is always a tough time to scrap because there is always so much going on, so I am cutting myself some slack!  Here are some pages I have done since my last post though!

Friends

How-does-your-Garden-Grow

i-love-THIS

Preschool-Graduation--teacher

Recovery-Gunner

Slow-Down

This-Day-was-Awesome

This-is-Us-copy

Tulip-Time

Tunnel-Park-Beach-Fun

You-can't-be-prepared-for..

 

Our basement is now drywalled, painted, and on it’s way to being finished!  I am loving how it is turning out – it’s always fun to see your plan come together!  I’ve been repurposing some things and painting some canvases for art – which gives such a sense of accomplishment!  And Kyle has been doing some things on his own that he hadn’t done before like laying wood laminate floor and putting up a tile backsplash!

IMG_3271IMG_3537

And one more thing to talk about!  We went geocaching today!!!  Geocaching is a real-world outdoor treasure hunting game. Players try to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, using GPS-enabled devices and then share their experiences online.  I had heard from a couple people that it’s so much fun and that the kids would love it, so I suggested we do some while we were on our bike ride to the park.  The girls got excited and we really enjoyed the hunt for the little boxes!  This is the site that we got our locations off of, and while we didn’t do it the exact way we were supposed to, by putting in the coordinates into a gps, we got the location from the geocaching website and then used some clues and ideas from the map!  We did two today, and they both were a little tough to find at first, but after some hunting we finally found both and signed our team to them!!!  The girls were enjoying it, and at the park they mainly wanted to find the box rather than play on the playground!  If you haven’t tried geocaching yet, you really should give it a go – there are hidden treasures everywhere!

IMG_3549IMG_3555

Have a great week!!!

MandaKay

No comments: