6.22.2011

Lions & Tigers & Bears! Oh My!

Well, not really! The Binder Park zoo actually didn’t have any lions, tigers, or bears!  Crazy huh?  We took our first trip to the Binder Park Zoo this summer.  Normally we head to the John Ball Park Zoo since it’s closer, but I got a great Groupon deal for the Binder Park Zoo and we have been wanting to see the giraffe exploratory, so we headed down to Battle Creek one day as a family!  It ended up being a cold and cloudy/rainy day, but we still had a lot of fun!  If you have not gotten a chance to meet the giraffes up close and live anywhere near the Binder Park zoo, I strongly suggest going!  It was amazing!  We were literally RIGHT by the giraffes.  Like petting them and feeding them!  So awesome to get so close to such a beautiful magnificent animal!  I’m always amazed when we go to the zoo by the variety of animals that God created and how different and amazing each one is!

IMG_3648IMG_3730

IMG_3651

IMG_3735

IMG_3761IMG_3771

IMG_3801

IMG_3822

IMG_3809

It was a fun day for our family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you buy the expensive food to feed the giraffes? We have each time we've gone. It's outrageous, but worth it in the whole bigger scheme I guess. Plus you can save money by bringing your own lunch.