3.26.2007

Fun weekend is sadly over

So my fun birthday weekend is sadly over. It was a pretty god weekend despite having Braelyn run a fever for a lot of it. :( She would spike a fever at night and then be fine during the day. Kind of weird, and she seems totally fine now. So I didn't get as much sleep as my body wanted, but got to do a few fun things. Fri. night was dinner with family at my moms as I mentioned. KFC easy/good. Sat. I got to do a little bit of shopping by myself (about an hour or so), and then I picked up lunch for us and after lunch we went out as a family to Target and Meijer. We did a few things to the girls' rooms. Braelyn got a new nightstand and lamp b/c she hadn't had one and really needed on for reading and books and stuff. Selah needed some curtains for her room, mainly to make it darker in her room. We made the mistake of not getting room darkening blinds in her room, like we did in Braelyn's. So their rooms each have a sort of "new" look. Sat. night we did end up going on a date even though Braelyn was running a slight fever after her nap. Luckily Grandma and Grandpa didn't mind watching her still - so nice of them! We went to dinner at a local pizza place that we never get to go to, and then got some Cold Stone Ice Cream and took it and sat out on the pier by the beach. A fun cheap date! We were home by 9:00 - no movie - which is okay. maybe another time! It was nice to just hang out with Kyle and it was a beautiful night!

Yesterday - OMG - it was so so nice!!! Spring FINALLY hit Michigan. I mean like shorts and tank top day!!! We went to church, came home had a roast for lunch, and then did outdoor stuff. After kids' naps we took a long bike ride to go get ice cream and then played at a little park nearby. The kids loved the warm weather you could tell!!! All week is supposed to be nice so I hope that it is here to stay and that the 30 degree weather is out for good! So all in all it was a good weekend. I did not get to spend as much time scrapping as I would have liked to, but oh well - we had GREAT family time and that is the best!

Busy week here - Kyle is working a bit extra on a side job. I have to work an extra day this week which always overwhelms me a little. Next week I have a weird schedule too b/c our office manager (the only other girl I work with) is out on Spring Break vacation, so I need to fill in since they need a lady here! So I will be a busy bee this week and I am sure my house stuff will fall by the wayside in the next two weeks! OH WELL!!! :)

So I just wanted to stop in quick and tell you all how my weekend went. I realize how KIND and GENEROUS you gals are - either by wishing me Happy Birthday on the forums or here, or by the little gifts a few of you sent me. They are all much appreciated! My hubby didn't get me anything which we agreed on and I did a little shopping lately which I don't normally do, so I was good with that, but it sure was nice to get SOMETHING!!! You gals are great! THANKS!

Have a great week - I am sure I will stop back in tomorrow or Wed. with hopefully at least ONE LO!!! I need some scrapping therapy!!!

Bye!

4 comments:

Christine said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday!!! :)

X said...

Target AND Coldstone- that sounds like heaven to me! :) glad you had a great birthday!

Nina_VK said...

So glad you had a good weekend, well be besides B having a fever. Tell Kyle he can have burritos tomorrow if he want to come to the 'Apples of Gold'at your moms house LOL...He'll be the only guy, but its worth the burritos right? lol ;)

Janet said...

So glad you had a fabulous weekend! I am glad you got yummy family time and time to shop. How fun!