3.21.2007

The last few days I have just felt very un-inspired digitally speaking. I have opened photoshop numerous times, and NOTHING. Not even when I opened a template to start with. I do not get this a ton, but man has it hit me. Part of it is probably the fact that I still have been VERY tired at night and cannot keep awake past 9:30 if I am sitting on the couch! Part of it is I am just not motivated for some reason. I needed some fresh fun stuff to play with and some new pictures, better pictures. Low and Behold today I got an email from none other than Shabby Miss Jenn. I don't "know" this Miss Jenn personally (although she sounds like a fabulous gal to meet), but we have kind of gotten to virtually "know"one another thru our blogs and scrapping. Well, Miss Jenn sells some great digital products at her shop, and she just asked me if I would like to be on her creative team!!! So this is my little TOOT of the day!!! I was jumping in my chair when I read the email! I have been eyeing many of her kits and for those that know me you know that I don't really buy a lot of digital scrapbooking supplies. Just every now and then and I try to just really use the goodies I have from my teams! So, I am so excited and honored that Jenn asked me to be on her team. I am now getting inspired again!!! Be on the look out for some new LO's coming soon!


So, my brother Dino is a blogger and I happen to think he is the most intellectual person I know. He had kind of a neat blog post last night. Read it if you get a second. He is the type that likes to hear what people have to say about the stuff he writes about. As you will see if you visit - I replied with my agreeances and my disagreences (I know those aren't words - I just made them up! He's cool with that! He tells it how it is though from his point of view and that I can appreciate. Love ya Dino - LOL - bet you didn't think I would ever send people your way - LOL! (especially since you didn't put - Hi Manda instead of hi Mom - come on now I comment she doesn't - LOL - still a little offended)


So I am going to lead a little Digital scrap booking class - I think at my church! There are some gals that have a lot of interest in it, and I have already sat with two of them recently to show them more. Now I am no Photoshop genius by any means, but I know I am good enough to teach people the basics!!! So I am working on a game plan as far as teaching goes and so if any of you have any suggestions please do tell. I know Kari leads some classes and maybe she can tell me a bit! Nina - I might even want to enroll your help for this!!! We can make it a partnership! Anyway - so I will keep you posted on how that is coming! And if any of you that read this from my area are interested just let me know!


That's all for today folks. I will stop back in on FRI. to go over my weekend - it's a big weekend for me for some reason - stop by Fri. to find out!!!
OK OK - I will leave you with one photo!!! LOL! This is from last Sat. when we went to the mall shopping the girls rode on the carousal! That's me and Selah and then Braelyn is right next to us looking the other way! Best picture we got - LOL! Have I told you I hate my camera?!

8 comments:

Bethany said...

Congrats to you, Amanda! Yeah...Shabby Miss Jenn - that's big time! :) So jealous over here especially since you'll get to play with the awesome new kits! Yeah, yeah for you! :)

bethmaat said...

congrats on the smj invite :) her stuff rocks!!

Nina_VK said...

Congrats Sis on the smj CT!! Her stuff is great right!?!?! Let me know when your doing that thing at church. I would LOVE to help out!!

TheCatLord said...

congrats on your new ct!!! and good luck on your classes! bring on the converts!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO jealous about the Shabby Miss Jenn team! Good for you girl! So exciting!

Marci

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda,

I would love to come to your little demonstration at church just let me know when it is!!! I'm sure Kelli would like to come as well. I can gather the girls that I know that would be interested if you let me know when you are planning!!! Thanks for doing this!!

Amy Kleinheksel

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Amanda!!!! Have a great one!!! you are still so stinking young!!! :) I can't believe your mom was only 26 on her fifth child! I didn't even have one when I was 26! I don't think I have left a comment in a while, so Congrats on the new baby too! And Congrats on SMJ's creative team!!! you do good work!!! Let me know when you plan to do your digiscrapping thing at your church. I may be shopping for a laptop real soon, so that would make this craft mobile for me!!! I am having a hard time sticking with it and maybe I just need someone to show me a few things! My email is: cheneymelissa@hotmail.com. Hope work is going well for you, we still really miss you!!! Have a great Birthday weekend!!!!

S Huiz said...

Bummed everyone was sick so we couldn't have your birthday lunch! Let me know when you are doing the thing at church- if it works, I'd like to see what it is all about. Have a good week- see you when we get back from vacation.