10.27.2007

A week???

It's been almost a week since I last post. For a while I was doing 2 -3 posts a week. Guess that's life! My main reasons is that I am only on the computer when I am sitting and nursing (which is actually a lot! I figure I might as well be doing something as productive while I am nursing right?!) Anyway - it is quite tough to type out a story or journal entry one handed. I can do words or comment on LO's and blogs occasionally if I am set up right, but to do a whole blog entry is tough. There's my excuse - not that I feel I need to justify! :)


Life is good here. I really still feel like the adjustment from 1 to 2 kids was harder than from 2 to 3. Gracyn is my best baby yet - still cries and is fussy, but partly I am probably more relaxed too. My house is going to be cluttered with toys at times. I might have to change a diaper or two in the middle of the night. The kids are going to spill on my newly cleaned wood floors. What's a mom to do? I am trying to just let some of it go. There will come a time when I can have a clean house for more than one day - and then guess what - that will get boring. Someday it will be just Kyle and I, and our kids will be grown. Yikes - what will we do with all our time then??? I pray we as a couple stay close enough that we don't go thru that awkward stage after our kids move out that we don't know what to do with eachother. I don't think we will. My sister teases us b/c we seem to go away alot and get sitters (like our last weekend). She teases, and I know it's true - but her and I both know it is necessarry for a marriage to do those things. I love that time - just driving on the road - 6 hours - sometimes saying nothing, sometimes chatting up a storm - just being together. Have I mentioned how much I love my hubby - he's such a goof - makes me smile so much. Generally it is a "roll your eyes" kind of smile b/c of how crazy he is, but deep down my heart is beating with delight!



Aren't I so scatter brained? That is one thing I have been thinking about today. Here are three things about me that I just am (ETA: or aren't, actually). I am NOT a deep thinker. I am NOT real emotional (except when pregnant - LOL). And I am VERY scatterbrained. I just randomly think of things and forget them two minutes later. I can be praying to God and then venture off into my own random thoughts and then get back into the prayer again. In BSF we are really challenged to pray - like before each day's study and for others in our group, etc... I struggle with prayer. I do not think I am a very good "pray-er" I cannot/will not pray in front of people and even to myself I think "gosh - I am so not good with words". Oh well - I do know that I am in constant conversation with God every day. Like I said - I start to pray, think of other things, pray again more, etc... I at least have the faith that God knows what I am saying and thinking. And by the way - I have asked Him to help me to concentrate more and to be better with my words. He has answered my prayer more and more daily, but man do I wish I could pray like Kyle's Grandpa (who is a reverend).



OK - what else. Tonight we are heading to my mom's for the annual pumpkin carving party. Good food. Good times. We'll dress the girls up for a bit just for fun (Braelyn will be the ladybug costume from Old Navy, Selah a flower - an old costume of Braelyn's, and Gracyn just a halloween orange shirt) and then carve pumpkins and I am bringing a little pumpkin craft too for the kids. I feel like my week - starting Monday is kind of busy for me. Probably my busiest since having Gracyn. (which by the way - was almost a month ago already!) Monday I have to take Gauge to the vet and then BSF at night. Tue. I am the parent helper at Braelyn's school, home for naps, and then late afternoon off to Kyle's mom's work for some trick or treating early. Wed. I am going to trade a few kids off to my mom and take Braelyn and my niece Kylie (since my mom babysits her on Wed.) to a local farm where the kids get to do some fun stuff. And of course Wed. night is halloween so we will be heading out early to make it to all our stops. We go to our church for a big halloween event (big blow up stuff, food, candy, games) and probably visit my mom at her church to show off the kids at her church's Trunk or Treat event, and of course hit a few neighbors! I think Thur. and the weekend are kind of slow though - thank goodness. Two mornings with out Gracyn for a while - what will I do??? That girl has been attached to me. So, that's our week in a nutshell - not like you all really care though - LOL! Just more of a reminder for me!



And here are two more LO's. Like I said I do have my computer beside me while nursing so I tend to just work on LO's since I can do that one handed for the most part! So I may seem like i am scrapping a lot, but hey - what else is a mom to do while sitting down anyway. I really do still clean and cook and do domestic stuff (probably not near as much as hubby would like yet, but my house stays quite clean I would say!)



























This first LO is using Shabby Miss Jenn's newest kit Uncle Patrick's Banquet. I LOVE purple so this kit jumped right out at me when I saw it! Yummy colors in my eyes! I will get good use out of this kit!


And, oh boy, are you guys going to LOVE Nov. at the Lilypad!!! There are some new, fun, exciting things that are about to hoppin over there! The above LO is done using some new goodies from a new "mystery guest designer" debuting Nov. 2! You better HOP on over next week Fri.! I am scheduled to do the blog post and I am super nervous b/c of all the stuff I get to "show off" and talk about! Exciting I tell ya! But there are some other goodies on this LO that have already come out - the straight ribbons by Natalie Braxton (the ORIGINAL ribbon queen) and now some new paper clipped ribbons by Natalie's up and coming rival - Amy Martin! And of course I used Nancy's famous frames, and Amy Wolff's highlighting brush for the words. The girls were having fun painting a week or so ago - I just let them go to town - with washable paints of course! I think I will do an identical LO for Braelyn just change out the pictures! Keeping it easy and real for me folks!


So there you have it. That's it for me today folks. Who knows when you'll see me next! Ta ta for now! Keep it real!


P.S. - wanna see what I have on my christmas list???
Bamboo Fun tablet by Wacom. I have never had a tablet nor wanted one, until now. I think it would be fun to play with. Probably would be easier to nurse and scrap too! :) Hubby will kill me if I told him I wanted this. I am sure I won't get it, but a girl can dream, right?


You are seeing my scatterdness come out now aren't ya???

5 comments:

S Huiz said...

It may have been a week but you did an extra long one today to catch up! Your layouts are great- I love the traditions one- awesome colors. Maybe Kyle will surprise you after all with the Christmas present you want... you never know! Have fun at the pumpkin party tonight and we'll see you Tues. at MJ's work and Wed. at the church party!

Lynette said...

That was a LOOONNNGGGG post! You caught right up! Your layouts look great, can't wait to see what's up at the Lilypad this weekend! I'm sure you will have a great post to show off!
I was given a Wacom a while back (not the Bamboo though) and love it! Ton's of fun, the kids have fun with it too!

TheCatLord said...

wow manda i am right there with you about prayer. i used to want to pray like other people, getting all into it, using the right words. i never wanted to pray in front of others. i do it, but i am always nervous. there have been times when i am praying at our bible study and i freeze up mid sentence because i was so nervous i lost my train of thought. i have found that the more i pray aloud, the easier it gets, and the words just flow when i stop concentrating on how uncomfortable i feel. you know the saying, "let go and let God", that's pretty much it.
that tablet looks fun, sometimes dreams come true and i think you've been a good girl this year so your chances are pretty good, yes?

Anonymous said...

Happy pumpkin carving!!!

Nina_VK said...

Hey girl, sounds like you're doing well! I love those LO's, but when don't I love your LO's!
I hope the pumpkin party was fun!! Well see ya real soon! :)