10.22.2007

Weekend recap and 2 LO's

So we are home from our busy weekend! We ended up not leaving on Fri. until about 1:00pm - after my grandma's funeral. We brought the girls to Kyle's sisters house and then got on the road. We made it up to Drummond Island at about 6:30pm - just in time for dinner! Gracyn did GREAT on the way up there. Good dinner and some games Fri. night - along with getting unpacked and settled. Sat. when we woke up we just had a great breakfast and hung out. The guys went and baited their deer hunting blinds, while us girls just chatted and hung out. We also rode into town for a bit. After lunch the girls got to go out quading. OH MY GOODNESS was that fun. A bunch of 27-30 yr old moms just tearing it up on the quads. I don't have the pics yet, but we got FILTHY! I mean we were flooring it thru mud puddles. It was such a blast! Once we got back I had to feed Gracyn again and then I took a shower and we scrapped a bit while the guys watched football! Dinner was tacos and then it was just more play time. Guys watched the Michigan game and girls did face and hair masks and more scrapping! I am so fortunate to have such great friends and I just kept thinking how cool it was that we all hung out in this small cabin and got along so well! Thanks girls (and guys!) - Kyle and I had a BLAST!

Travels on Sunday were good. Gracyn didn't do quite as well - she's been a bit fussy since leaving there. She must have liked the Upper Peninsula! Braelyn and Selah seemed excited to see us, although they made it very cleat that they loved spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa's and that they had a riot. So they loved seeing us, but I don't think they missed us much while we were actually gone!



Today is just catching up around home - laundry, dishwasher unloading/loading, kids play, nursing, etc... My mom stopped this morning on her way back from her walk which was nice. We then all walked to my sisters for some coffee and kid play time. Good stuff.


Here are the LO's I was talking about. I have one more that is almost done, but I will have to show that off later!

This first one is for the Lilypad Blog challenge. If you haven't played along on one of these yet - you MUST! They are a great way to get a LO done, and you could win something too - extra perk! My LO was done in my head before the challenge even came about this week. I have been listening NON-STOP to the new Casting Crowns CD and the songs all speak to me so clearly. The song "The Alter and the Door" is one that I love. It is about losing our way between the alter and the door - we can so often have tears in church during a sermon or worship. We feel so convicted while there. Then, once we stand up, get out, and live life we lose it. I do it on a weekly basis unfortunately. I need to just let Jesus be who He is in me. So when the challenge came up - I already knew what I would do! Love when that happens.


























This one is just another LO for Gracyn's book. Love my sweet angel when she sleeps! She is zonked in my arms right now in fact!


Thanks for reading today - hope I kept you interested - LOL! This week should be pretty basic. BSF tonight, Sadie's birthday party tomorrow, and then Sat. night is our family pumpkin party! I always look forward to that! Hope you all have a great week!
Manda

7 comments:

Lynette said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Love the layouts too!

bethmaat said...

hey manda,
i'm glad that you guys were able to make it up to the cabin, too!! we had a super fun time and we too feel so fortunate to have the friends that we have :) thanks for that!

beautiful layouts!! the layout of you is just gorgeous.......
talk to you soon.

S Huiz said...

You look amazing in your LO!!! Great picture of you and it really captures your true beautiful smile/self! Glad you guys had fun up north- the girl quad time sounds like it was a blast! See you tomorrow night- glad you can make it. We'll get pizza and do cake- come around 5:45 if you can.

Bethany said...

What a fun weekend! I must say that I am SO jealous of the time away - we need it! Can't wait to see pics of the muddy gals!

The layouts are beautiful...the one of Gracyn is just STUNNING!

Anonymous said...

Hey Manda!


Its Cassie, Trisha told me you had a blog and I was all excited to read and catch up about the new little one!

I will give you a call sometime soon I would like to stop by and see the new little one!

Tell Braelynn and Selah I say hello

Hope your doing well

By the way she is absolutly amazing so beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! I've been away from blogland for WAAAAAAY too long!! I didn't even know you'd had sweet Gracyn!! What an absolute ANGEL baby! Such a little doll Manda! Big huge congratulations!!
XOXO~

Anonymous said...

Love the layouts. Glad you had a good time. I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. But I'm sure she is smiling down on her family.
The girls are so cute - saw them on Sarah's blog.