10.04.2007

Busy busy busy

Life has just been busy and a bit overwhelming with three kiddos! We are home - got home Tue. afternoon, and the craziness started. Getting unpacked, settled, visitors, etc... All good stuff. Gracyn is adjusting to life here well...she just has her nights and days mixed up like any little baby does! She is great during the day though. My best baby yet. She really doesn't cry much and she seems to be eating well too. At night - a whole different story. She is up and fussing about every 45 min. -1 hr. from 12:00am-5:00am. I am sure she will get that worked out soon though. I sure love looking at her though. EVERYONE comments on her dark hair. I think they think it is funny to see a blondey mom with a black haired baby. I have been told she looks like Kyle and myself- she must be a good mix.

Braelyn and Selah seem to be adjusting well too. Selah really acts like nothing has changed. Braelyn is so good with her sister and I think she likes to be the BIG sister! She reads her books and sits next to her. The best part is that Braelyn is not over-bearing about it. She does not CONSTANTLY want to hold her and be by her like some kids, which makes things a bit easier I think.

Kyle worked yesterday and today. Yesterday - wow - not so good. He had a HORRIBLE day and his job is just getting really stressful for him.. He is running like 3 big projects as a project manager - which is just too many. Add on the fact that two of the jobs are 1 -2 hours away. Then having a baby and a wife that want him home some of this week = STRESS. So now he has been having some chest pain and shortness of breath. Please just pray that his job eases up and that he can breath a little easier - I know these issues are due to stress - poor guy. He does have tomorrow off b/c I have to take Gracyn to a Dr. appt., he has to take Braelyn to school and pick her up. Then we can enjoy the afternoon together. I think we are going to head out to G.R. to Babies R Us and the Target out there to get a few baby necessities! Probably do an early dinner too - wow - look at us venture out with three kiddos in less than a week! Saturday our town has a little Pumpkin Fest celebration and a parade and I think we will also go to that. We are still having 80 degree weather here - Sat. and Sun. are supposed to by 86! I know you are all saying - why are you doing so much so quickly. I feel great! My healing has been awesome - almost 100% already! Nursing is going great - first baby that I have had that caught on almost instantly. Miracle I tell ya!

So that is our life in a nutshell right now. Just enjoying our new addition and giving lots of kisses to all our girls! Today I have actually been home alone with Gracyn and have gotten some much needed things done. 2 more loads of laundry, bathrooms all sparkling, dishes put away, cuddling, nursing, and of course some computer time! I still need to finish up my birth announcements yet, and do my Oct. desktop freebie from Shabby Princess. And of course I have a million LO ideas floating around in my head! So off I go to work some more! Have a great day and weekend if I don't pop in again!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

sounds like you have been settling in quite well! I am glad everything went so well and that everyone is healthy. We will definitely pray for Kyle. That is scary and no fun. It sounds like you will have lots of nice family time this weekend though. enjoy it and all of your beautiful little girls!

Kimberly said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going well (other than night time). It gives me hope that I might just be able to pull this 3 kiddo thing off too. LOL :) Sounds like you are busy this weekend and that you have some fun things to do. How can you not get out and enjoy the gorgeous weather we are having. We are in the Holland Fire Parade this Saturday so we won't be able to go to the Pumpkin Parade. Lots of good stuff going on.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing well. You are very brave to venture out so much. But you're pros now, right!?
Yes, Kyle needs to slow down. Does not sound very good. We will keep him in prayers.

Lynette said...

Ummmmm, wow! You have been doing so much, and plan to do so much! Good for you, I always liked to be out right away too! Glad you are all adjusting well, I hope that Kyle is better soon and able to relax!

Bethany said...

Yeah, an update!! Sounds like you guys just got right in the swing of things! You make me look SO bad...you cleaned your bathrooms less then a week after having a baby! Umm...when did I last clean mine? :) Sending prayers up for Kyle and can't wait to see more pictures!

TheCatLord said...

oh manda! she is absolutely precious!!!! congratulations! i am glad that things are going well, nursing and siblings adjusting. i pray kyle can somehow lighten his load at work.

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are amazing...and I thought you would have a slow weekend at home for once. I guess it takes a blizzard to keep you inside!

Brian has had several episodes of the heart stuff like Kyle is having and it has always been linked to busy times at work as well. Brian and I have each had an EKG done this past year...I know I'm getting older but come on, 31 is still young! Maybe the guys need to start running together in addition to their bible study to keep those hearts in shape. What would we do without them?

S Huiz said...

Hope Kyle is better. Glad everyone over there is adjusting well. Is B any better? Hope she is and that you got to enjoy some of the Pumpkinfest activities as planned.