11.01.2007

All kinds of good stuff

All kinds of good stuff today folks! First off - everyone's blogs I visited last night and today are great - all kinds of kiddos dressed up so cute!


Both the girls LOVED trick-r-treating this year! We did have a little rain which made it quite cold, but all in all it was good. We left our house at about 5:40 to go to my mom's church for "trunk-r-treating" and then we stopped home and did a few neighbors, headed out to Kyle's grandparents for a stop and to feed baby, and then to our church by 7:30pm. Next year we will just be staying here in our neighborhood though. Way too much running around and church was WAY too busy for my liking! I though we lost Braelyn for a couple minutes - luckily she was with Grandma and Grandpa. So Halloween was great!
















I NEED to share a few photos of the sky last night though. We were blessed with the most BEAUTIFUL rainbow I have EVER seen! Not only a great rainbow (with a slight second rainbow next to it), but also a gorgeous sunset. Here are my photos.






















These pictures don't do it justice whatsoever. I was telling Braelyn what a great God we have to allow us to see such beauty! She thought it was pretty awesome! At school we are working on orange and pumpkins this week so she pointed out the orange sky to me since I was so busy looking to the east at the rainbow. I would have totally missed that gorgeous sunset if it weren't for her!
More photos - these are some pictures from a local farm I took Braelyn and Kylie to yesterday morning with a little school group I went to last year. Lots of fun there too!
Now to scrapping stuff!!! I have a LO to show off for a kit that is SOOOO fabulous! The designers at The-Lilypad along with Meredith Fenwick, Jan Crowley, and Janet Phillips did a Christmas kit for Songbird Avenue. Songbird Avenue composts a kit every month that strictly funds charities. This month the charity the proceeds are going to is Toys for Tots - which is an AWESOME and fitting charity for this month - with Christmas approaching. What a great cause and just by buying a kit that you will use over and over you are helping out!


And tomorrow stay tuned to The-Lilypad blog - I am going to be blogging there about some new and fun stuff coming to TLP! So very exciting. This Saturday (really the whole weekend) is also National Digi-Scrapping Day so there are fabulous things going on all over in the digi-community!

A good friend Bethany made me such an ADORABLE little baby gift and gave it to me yesterday at the farm. I love getting home-made little goodies from shabby fabulous people! These were so cute - little blocks that she gussied up with papers and a letter on each block spelling Gracyn. Thanks Bethany - so sweet of you!

OK - folks - I am checking out. I have dinner in the crockpot, 3rd load of laundry waiting to be folded, and Gracyn is fussing so off to motherly duties again! Have a great day and happy weekend!

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Loved that rainbow and that sunset, no matter what direction you looked it was beautiful... what an amazing God! That layout is awsome as is that wonderful kit! Can't wait to see all the goodness tomorow and your blog post!

Anonymous said...

OH HOW CUUUTE ARE THOSE GIRLS!!!!! I looove the baby pumpkin!!!!! I'm so glad you all had fun nite! :)

Melissa said...

That was so AWESOME last night!!! Your photos are definitely better than what I got, but I had to snap away anyway. it was just too beautiful. The girls looked so cute! Glad you had a great Halloween!

Shannon Bieger said...

The girls look SO adorable in their costumes!!

Anonymous said...

Girls look cute all dressed up. I saw that beautiful rainbow, too on the way to Hudsonville. Sounds like you had a way too busy Halloween! Probably a good idea to stay in your neighborhood next year.

S Huiz said...

Church was busier than usual, but I like crowds! Ryan doesn't so he would choose to stay away as well if I let him. :-) Did you make it over to the hospital part??? That was the best part for the little ones I thought and no crowds either. Just saw MJ and Jen at K-Mart and they said you have the sickies at your house. So sorry! Doesn't sound like a fun time at all. We'll miss you at lunch tomorrow. If you want to put your 2 cents in about Christmas gifts/party dates/ summer trip, etc., email me or call and I'll speak for you. :-) Hope all is well soon!!!