11.20.2007

Busy week - and a lot of religeous stuff today.

What's new right? Aren't we all just so busy! The hussle and bussle of holiday stuff. This week will go so fast for me. How about you. I hope we all at least take some time to be thankful, and to praise God for all He has given us. That's why I like Thanksgiving - it MAKES me think about it for a bit. So here is a little list from me to start the holiday off already today.

1. My husband
2. my kids
3. my extended family (mom, dad, brother, sisters, in-laws, etc...)
4. my house being my shelter
5. my '97 Tahoe - it's such a reliable truck for me - even if we barely fit in it anymore as a family!
6. my job - they are just great people over there - they are soooo flexible!
7. the good food we get to eat (especially the candy I love!)
8. I'm even thankful for my miniature dachshund that is snuggling on my lap
9. the cloudy misty day that it is today
10. for my friends - what would I do without my friends
11. for God's word to me
12. BSF - my bible study - wow have I learned a TON already. Very convicting stuff
13. for Braelyn being able to go to Christian school this year. Not sure if that will always be the case, but I am thankful right now for what she is learning
14. for my church
15. OK - I am totally thankful for digital scrapping b/c it is going to give my kids years of memories and it's something that I enjoy doing that lets me just be me and relax!
16. I am thankful for life. For my life, for my husband's and kids life.
17. thankful for having so much more than I even deserve!
18. Thankful that my sins are fogiven.
19. Thankful that each day is a new day
20. thankful for the smell of my roast cooking in the oven.

There are 20 just to start. We have so much to be thankful for! OK - so last night I made it only to lecture for Bible Study Fellowship. Kyle and I had flown around ALL day - like Sam's Club, Meijer, Mall, Logan's. So we did not get back home until 7:45pm. I knew I had missed small group part of BSF, and I debated just skipping it all together. So glad I didn't. That is always the way it goes. So anyway, here are the principles from this week - I know Sarah and Lynette might appreciate this!

Matthew 8
Who's in Charge?

1. Jesus' Authority over Disease (8:1-17)
Principle: Miracles point to Jesus' divine power to heal the damage of sin.
Challenge: Where can I let Jesus heal me?
2. Jesus' Authority over Disciples (8:18-22)
Principle: Jesus has authority to direct the lives of His disciples
Challenge: Where is Jesus directing me? Do I believe that Jesus has authority over MY life?

3. Jesus' Authority over Disaster and Demons (8:23-27)
Principle: Trusting in Jesus' control gives peace, and calms fears.
Challenge: Where do I need to trust in Jesus' control? What is the storm in MY life that I can turn over to Him?

Some things to think about. My notes today from BSF go further into all of these issues. Just good stuff! If any of you that read this from close by me want to start BSF - let me know and I will get you the date of next orientation. There is no problem jumping in at any time - you just start off from where we are. I can guarantee you it will be an awesome experience!

Have I shown you this yet???


Isn't she the cutest??? This was taken a week ago! She is really starting to smile when we talk to her. She has great neck support too. Very alert.
Here is another LO. This one is for the Lilypad Blog challenge. I have NEVER blended two papers together so that was new and interesting for me. Here I blended two of Nancy's papers. The LO is one of my hubby and the guys sitting down to a hearty meal at hunting camp. Did you see too that The Lilypad is having a Black Friday sale - 50% off. This only comes once a year I would say for the Lilypad so be sure to check it out!





Kyle came back with quite a few pictures and he said one or two other guys took some good pictures too so I would love to do a hunting album for him and the guys.

OK - long enough post again. Thanks for listening! Have a Happy Thanksgiving if I don't check in here before then! Tomorrow night we have our annual friend dinner!

6 comments:

S Huiz said...

Love Gracyn's little smirk! She is a honey! Great idea to do a hunting album for Kyle- he would appreciate it I'm sure. Thanks for the BSF principles- I didn't like missing last night. Glad conferences are over! And you really do have a lot to be thankful for- as we all do.

Anonymous said...

Gracyn is getting so big! Way too fast! I can't say who she even looks like. I almost see a bit of shawn mixed with ryan. LOL She is cute. Love the hair! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Melissa said...

gracyn looks like a little sweetie! I love her hair! It is so dark. cute!

I would be interested in info about BSF. I have heard lots of good stuff about it over the years, i just didn't know if i would be up to the challenge.
Have a great Thanksgiving!

Lynette said...

Thanks for the BSF stuff, I always contemplate not going but rarely HAVE to miss, this week was the exception, I really wish I could have gone! Great list of things to be thankful for... I was just going to start one when I peeked in here... off to do mine!

Cassondra Wolters said...

Hey!

Hope your having a great week having kyle back home again! :)

Im sure the girls are loving having him back as are you


She is so cute, all three of the girls are absolutly beautiful!

I have absolutly loved being able to get to know your family and seeing the girls grow and spending time with them! I love babysitting them and spending time with them! It amazes me to see how much they have grown and changed since February!

Happy Thanksgiving!

TheCatLord said...

gracyn is just simply adorable!
those bsf challenges are really good ones! have a great thanksgiving day!