8.09.2008

A relaxing Sat. morning

Here we sit - hanging out this cool Sat. morning. I sit here and ponder all of the busyness that is involved with this next week, but here I sit updating my blog, reading emails, checking out my fave websites! Kyle left Thur. night for the upper peninsula with a bunch of guys for the weekend, and my parents are out camping with their church so I get a quiet house!!! It's rather nice! Last night we had a birthday party to go to for my nephew Corbin. He turned 6 yesterday and my sister threw an AWESOME Olympic birthday party. Every single detail was perfect. I think she got some great pictures of it, so I will have to get those from her since I didn't take my camera! We even had olympic games! I think I got the girls back here and settled in bed by 9:30 or 10:00 - yikes. And of course they were awake at 6:30am. Ugh.


Yesterday we went out to check out the progress on the house - all I can say is WOW! It is sailing right along! So exciting to see the progress! Here are a few pictures from yesterday!



(I am just noticing that those clouds in this pic look amazing - and they were amazing yesterday - big fluffy low white one's - I even pointed them out to my girls in the car on the way to the house! This photo was untouched and they just pop on here!



On the front of the house, the roofing was going up, and by end of day yesterday they were probably done with all the windows!



Have I told you that we are going to North Carolina on Fri.? We are going with Kyle's whole family. We are renting a house on the Ocean in Emerald Island, NC! We will be driving there (mostly thru the night - 16 hrs.), and we have a house with a pool in the back yard and Braelyn, Selah and Gracyn will be there with their 6 cousins also - we are guaranteed to have a great time! I always feel overwhelmed with how much I need to pack though, and with house stuff on top of it all, our week will be CRAZY. Oh yeah - and of course I need my hair done too - LOL!




I've been a little un-motivated in the area of scrapbooking - I hope I get my mojo back soon. I can assure you it is not for lack of GREAT supplies! I feel maybe I am really just overwhelmed with the GREAT stuff I have to play with right now that I just am intimidated. I have one that I started last night that I hope to finish up tonight! I did this LO with a template by Janet - that's about the only way I could scrap this past week.






A few things to do today:


*Wash the van


*play with kiddos


*Cut some hair


*good baths for the girls (might have been like 3 nights since I bathed them - LOL - oops - we've been busy, but that's gross!)


*Run on treadmill


*sand my vanity furniture for the new house

(this is going to get painted black, get some really great knobs put on it, and then a large sqaure chunky vessel sink will set on top of it for our sink vanity in our half bath! I am super excited for that little room!)



OK - off to accomplish this list - we'll see how much I get done! :)

Hope you all have a great rest of your weekends!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

1. Loving the house and boy, is it zooming along!!!!
2. Can't wait for NC! Super excited!
3. Your vanity will look so cool!
4. Did you get everything on your list accomplished? Pretty ambitious list for one day!!!! :-)
5. What a cool idea for Corbin's birthday party!!!!