1.19.2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Selah!

Selah was born three years ago today! My second child, second girl. We knew what we were having and we knew we were having her on this day - we set up an induction at the Dr. appt. previous to this day. We had Braelyn overnight at my parent's house because we knew we had to be to the hospital early and figured then we'd for sure get a decent night sleep (as good as one can get being 9 months pregnant!). I had gotten up at about 6:00am I believe to shower and as I was getting up I recieved a phone call from the hospital stating that I needed to wait to come in because there were too many babies being born at that time. So we waited. Finally we were called to come in around 11:30 I believe. We got all situated and settled in our birthing room and I was started with the induction medicine. I HATED being induced. It seemed to take forever!!! I know in terms of time it really didn't but it just seemed to. I hated walking the dang hallways of the birthing unit all big and pregnant and puching my pole. Wincing in pain. I had gotten at epidural sometime late that afternoon and was more comfortable then. I don't remember all of the details, and I am not near Selah's birth book to get real facts, but I know Selah was born into this world rather late - only a few people came once we called them - most waited until morning. I think I remember her bath being around 12:30am or something. So maybe she was born sometime in the 9:00pm hour. Funny how it a little bit becomes a blur. I had three VERY different births, and this one was by far the worst (and that's saying alot b/c the third birth was eau natural!), although still not HORRIBLE. I really never hated childbirthing! Such an amazing experience. Anyway - we knew Selah's name ahead of time and everything and she was as cute as can be. She is an integral part of our family for sure! Happy 3rd Birthday Selah - we love you!

The weekend was great - it went fast! I feel like we accompished a bunch of stuff which is always nice! We had a little cake/present party with Kyle's family for Selah on Sat. night after dinner out and she got some great little gifts that have been keeping her (and Braelyn) busy!!! Someday I really need to sit and post some pictures on here. I've been bad at that lately!

Happy Monday everyone!

4 comments:

S Huiz said...

Happy Birthday Selah! I was about to do Cobe's birthday post! :-)

bethmaat said...

happy birthday selah!!!!

TheCatLord said...

Happy Birthday Selah!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Selah!!!!