9.30.2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Gracyn


I remember it all really well. I remember it better than my other two children's births for some reason. There is something very different about having a child naturally verses having a child with some drugs. I also think it's a whole different experience when you had not prepared to have the baby naturally! :) I don't know for sure, but if you know you are going to have a child naturally I think you can do a bit of preparing. I could not have prepared for what had happened two years ago this morning! I wouldn't change a thing about it either! The crazy thing is, I am glad I had a child naturally! I feel like I had accomplished a huge feat! Two years ago today was a Sunday morning. We had had a great night out with friends on Sat. night (the night before), and my cousin Lindsey had been babysitting so she had stayed the night. As I think back on all the details it really was a blessing how the whole thing played out! Anyway, I really was feeling okay all morning - knew I was having contractions, but really was nothing too unusual. Once I told Kyle that we maybe were going to have to think about heading to the hopital, he went into his usual "clean up" mode and get everything in the house done that he wanted to get done before we would be gone for 2 days! Well, I let him do that for a little too long! i was VERY uncomfortable the whole car ride to the hospital and when I got to the emergancy room where we have to check in I was in down right pain - like crying - it was rather embarrassing. Some really old gentleman had to wheelchair me up to the birthing floor and he was going so slow as to not make me more uncomfortable over bumps, but at that point I was wishing that he would run with me up the room so that I could get drugs! We got into the room at 10:15am. The Dr. came in at 10:35 and reported that I was a 7. They had ordered up the anesthesiologist, and a nurse had gone to get the stadol. At 10:45 I had told the nurse that I HAD to push. I was freaking out and saying I couldn't do it with out an epidural. The Dr. pretty much ran into the room and caught the baby! Not really really, but pretty close. Gracyn was born at 11:01. The anesthesiologist never made it, nor did the stadol ever make it to my IV - it was sitting on the counter across the room. It went fast. Kyle was great and I am pretty sure he gained a whole new respect for me that day! :) I felt great so quickly after the birth - I loved that part of it! So Gracyn gave me quite a memorable birth story - that's for sure! She is such a blessing in our lives. She is probably my most happy child up to this point - she just really doesn't fuss much unless she needs something. She smiles and giggles and loves to play with her sisters! I can't believe that my baby is two. By this time with the other girls I had a newborn already! Each girl was born 20 months apart! It's a little wierd to think that I don't have a baby again by now, but I am pretty okay with that! I am pretty okay with the fact that I am done having babies! I enjoy this age - ALOT! So her birthday party is on Friday night and we can't wait to celebrate with her!




This weekend in Zeeland is the annual Pumpkin Fest. There is a parade on Sat. that we get to go to with the girls and other activities to enjoy as well. It's finally feeling like fall here!

No comments: