9.08.2009

School

On a scale of 1 – 10, with 10 being real emotional and 1 being not emotional at all, I normally would put myself at a 4. I am not stone cold, but I am not generally real emotional, I don’t get worked up easily. Until lately. Maybe it’s part of getting older?! We watched Braelyn go off to school today. Now, she has been in “school” for two years now – threeschool and preschool, but this is the big stuff – KINDERGARTEN. And really next year is even bigger stuff – 1st grade – all day everyday. This year Braelyn will be all day 2 or 3 days a week depending on the week. But this morning she got on the bus. That’s a big one for me. She started to cry at the bus stop while we were waiting for the bus. Well that got me right there. Watching my sweet little Braelyn crying because she was nervous and scared. Ugh – enough to make me cry all over again just writing this. But she got on the bus, and the sweet girl at her bus stop sat with her – that was so nice! She said she would help her find her bus. That made me feel good. Braelyn has to switch busses at our local school to take her on to her kindergarten building. I had to drive there to watch the exchange. I was getting a little nervous when all of her bus had gotten off and I hadn’t seen her get on her next bus, but finally her bus driver got off with a group of other kindergartners to walk them to the right bus! She gave me a wave to let me know she saw me, which made me cry again. She was fine I think by then – at least it looked like if from afar! I know she will do fine in school – she has had lots of exposure to those type of things between church stuff and her two years of preschool. Here are a few pictures of her first day of school!

006

008

See the nervousness setting in???!!!

010

losing it. I’m so proud of her though and I just told her that it is okay to be nervous and that I was going to pray for her all day, and that she can pray too that God give her some calm and confidence.

013

Here is the first bus she rides.

015

And here she is getting on the second bus – she is right outside waiting to get up in! I had front row seat to watch her and wave to her.

018

So, now I have just Selah and Gracyn today! Well, actually my nephew Josh is coming for a bit! Selah starts gymnastics today with some friends and then Braelyn is going to try out karate tonight as well, so we will have busy Tuesdays! And then Wed. night church activities start next week!!! Kyle and I are both teaching this year, so that will be a busy night as well!

I have another LO – one that I did for this weeks Lilypad challenge! Happy – it’s all about what makes you happy!

This-makes-me-happy

Ok – on with my day! Hope all of you with kiddos in school enjoy your day! I’m off to make cupcakes for Braelyn when she gets home from school!

2 comments:

Amy Kleinheksel said...

Alright now I am sitting here crying...I remember that day with Hunter. They grow up fast! I'm sure she had a great day! See you tonight.

Anonymous said...

My kiddo switched buses last year to take to ZCS. They do a great job of transferring at the other schools.