10.25.2009

New Blog Look

I won some new blog wear from Leah at Funky Playground Designs! Pretty festive for Halloween! Something I can use every year around this time – very fun! Thanks Leah!

It’s been a great weekend with the family this weekend! Friday night Kyle was home most the day because he is cut to 40 hrs. It was nice to have him around even though he had quite a “list” to work on this weekend. We at least got to hang out with him while we crossed off some of the things! He surprised me with a date night on Friday night – just him and I. We don’t go out just the two of us very often. When we get baby sitters it is normally for group events or trips with other couples, etc… Fri. night was just us and we needed it! I love just talking with him and connecting every once in a while – so needed in this stage in our life! After dinner we went to watch the movie Couple’s Retreat. It was funny, Vince Vaughn is always funny. I was surprised that the outcome of the movie was actually about staying married and how that is a commitment. Not that the whole movie was moral moral, but for a big Hollywoodish movie it was encouraging.

Sat. we hung out, went to Gander Mountain and Sonic for lunch! Movie night with the girls and us at night – Bedtime Stories. It’s been a cold rainy weekend so perfect for relaxing and staying inside. We had a rip roaring fire going in the fireplace. I also made yummy peanut butter cookies and used the Candy Corn Kisses on top of some instead of reg. chocolate kisses. Sam’s Club has their great peanut butter cookie kit out – makes it so easy and they are delicious.

That brings us to today – Sunday school, church, and lunch at mom’s. And as usual our Sunday night Pizza night. Tonight’s movie for Kyle and I: I Love You Man. Now that I am journaling our weekend I realized it’s been a movie weekend for sure!

And of course a blog post from me wouldn’t be the same without some scrapbook pages, so here you go.

Tough-Guy

Thankful-for-You

My-Biggest-Challenge

Fun-Fall-Activities

Doughnut-Day

Daddy-Daughter

Apple-Picking

I am trying to mentally prepare for the busy week I have ahead. We have something every night except for tomorrow night, which I guess is good because I won’t have to really make dinner all week! I can’t believe that October is almost over – can you?!

MandaKay

4 comments:

leah said...

Eeeks!! It looks fabulous, girl!! :D I love it!! :D

Anonymous said...

I can so relate to the "pie chart" of time page!

Amanda said...

Your scrapbook pages are brilliant... I so wish I had that creativity!!

Blessings-
Amanda

Sarah said...

Love your new header!