The blizzard of 2011 started here last night at 5:00, just as they predicted. I really didn’t think it was going to be too bad, but thru the night you could hear the wind just a howlin’! When we woke up we were greeted with a blanket of whipped snow all over! Our driveway had 3-4’ gusts on it! Kyle got up and right away went out to start snowblowing. I got up and started making a cinnamon bread coffee cake, knowing he’d need to come in to something good to go with his coffee. I felt so bad for him working on the driveway – it was a major workout to get thru the snow! It was fun taking pictures though! He started when it was still pretty dark out and by time he was done, 2+ hours later, it was daylight!
Problem was…the snow plow did not come thru the neighborhood until after 2:00 I think and they did not do our cul-de-sac?! What the heck. So when Kyle headed out at 10:30 he couldn’t get out of the subdivision. A couple guys from the neighborhood worked hard on getting it passable with their snowblowers. The day turned pretty gorgeous though in the afternoon and the kids and I got out to build a little fort with all the snow we had!
Making trails in the thick drifty snow was fun too! It was quite hard to walk in!
And Gracyn begged and begged and whined and whined until I agreed to take out her john deer tractor. It’s rather funny to me to see her riding this summer toy in full snow gear and on the only patch of clear driveway we had!
It was a fun day, and it was a little treat that I didn’t have to try drive into work this afternoon too! A true snow day for us! So what did you do on your snow day if you had one?! And if you are reading this and you didn’t have a snow day, what would you like to do if you did have one?!



1 comment:
Cute post, but it's 2011.
Post a Comment