
This is a LO I did as a scraplift challenge from the website designed by Susan aka Pachimac called Lifts with a Twist. I have never actually joined the challenge although I have the blog on my FEEDS links so I get an update whenever a new challenge goes up and I love keeping up with it! Great eye digital eye candy! I also have seen many of the girls' lifts in the various galleries and decided that they all looked great so I immediately played along! The kit I used is by Audrey Neal called Her Way - it is new and she has a girl pack and a boy pack called His Way - very cute stuff! Audrey sells at the Lilypad! Full credits for this LO can be seen here.
The boat show last night was somewhat dissapointing. There were not many HUGE boats - like the fun ones to look thru. Most of them were quite small and just boring. I mean they are the kind we would buy, but honestly you go to those shows to dream about life on the yachts and stuff. It seems like each year we go it is smaller and less exciting. Dinner was fabulous though - we ate at a great restaurant called Bull's Head and we had spinach artichoke dip as an appetizer and I had a pesto chicken pasta dish. After the boat show we went to Cracker Barrel for what we thought was going to be dessert and my pregnant sister started craving the egg dish she always gets there, and then we all decided on misc. breakfast meals - although Kyle somehow got a kiddie burger meal. BTW - we all got the kiddie meals and they are perfect size for a snack and they let anyone get them!!! So we had to laugh a little about the fact that we went in for dessert and came out full on breakfast! Date nights - I love the spontenaity of them!
So Braelyn's newest and greatest habit is always wanting her PJ's on. She wears them all day if we are staying in, and if we go somewhere it is a fight to get her in clothes. Once I finally do we leave the house and the minute we come back from running errands or whatever she runs to her room and changes into her PJ's. I think it is so funny and I do not fight it at all - I do roll my eyes sometimes however! It's pretty cool though that she pretty much dresses and undresses herself (although the shirt and pants aren't always on the right way or are inside out :) On a different note, when I signed Braelyn up for three-school I signed her up as Braelyn not Braelynn. I took the n off of the end of her name - LOL! I know that may sound weird, but we always wondered why we put two "n's" on the end anyway. Plus people always pronounce her name as two sylables - like Brae - lynn. It is not a big deal and it really doesn't bother me much, but it is pronounced Braelyn - like all together. So I think without the additional n on the end it will come out of people (namely teacher's) mouths easier. So she is Braelyn and I am trying to write it that way to get in the habit! Bonus for her it is on less letter she will have to write out.
Selah's newest habit is throwing her sippy cup on the floor. Now this little habit is not quite as cute to me as Braelyn's habit of wearing PJ's. PJ's are harmless and they don't involve me really. The throwing of the sippy cup involves me immensely! You see, I have a wood laminate floor and it is just the wrong shade for any type of spill, leak, dog tongue mark. I mean it shows EVERYTHING. And then add to that the fact that I have a LOT of wood - like I HATE cleaning it all. I don't mind general house cleaning duties and I tend to believe that I do a fairly decent job of keeping a tidy house, except for the fact that my wood floors NEVER look nice! If I mop them right now within 3 hours they look horrid. This is in a large part due to Selah's latest antics! So this leads me to thinking about inventing something that makes it not possible to throw a sippy cup. Hmmm...I might have to sit down with my brother to figure out how we can become millionairres by inventing another kid item! Selah is really getting so big though. She says quite a few words now! She says hot, ball, dada, mama, NO (shocking - that might be due to the fact that I tell her no all the time when she is about to throw the sippy cup). She said thank you a couple times too! I cannot wait until she is talking like Ainsley - her little cousin - it is so cute to hear little kiddos talking in full sentences.
Cleaning is going great. I have tackled 4 loads of laundry, vaccuumed all carpet (except the bonus room and stairs), cleaned our bedroom and masterbath, and I even wiped down some walls of little finger prints and spills. Tonight/tomorrow will be spent cleaning the other 2 bathrooms, vaccuuming and mopping that horrible wood, and I am sure a few other little things here and there. I am hoping to enlist hubby to help on the wood floor task - ugh - I am alreay dreading it! Just wanted to take a little break here and document my kiddos habits so I don't forget them - I have taken a few pics too but haven't loaded them onto the computer yet.
You all have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!



7 comments:
that is so funny about the PJs...my 2.5 yo ds would sometimes prefer to be in his too ....but his HUGE thing is no shoes....we're always barefoot around the house (we live in Phx - no snow) and he fights me like crazy while he's buckled in his carseat to get his shoes on most of the time we go anywhere
Cute story about the boat show and cracker barrell. We just got a new one here where I live and would you beleive the wait on Sat AM is like 2 hours!
My 2 1/2 year old is the same with her pjs. All the time, pjs. LOL
I like that about her name. I was wondering what we'll do with the baby when she goes to school. Her name is Maria Alyce, but we call her Alyce after my grandma. I think there is a nickname blank, here's hoping!
I'm now hungy after your post. LOL
ahhh i love sippy cup throwing! lol
I love your blog! My 4 yr old loves her pj's. Just the other day I had to tell her to go put a new pair of panties and pj's on in order to go to bed - she hadn't changed out of the ones she slept in the night before!
Your layouts are wonderful! I was looking through them all! Have a great weekend!
here's an idea for an invention- how about a sippy cup made enitirely out of rubber so when she throws it, it bounces! oh dang- that might be even worse...
fabulous layout!
Maybe you could invent a human size version of a hamster sippy cup and then hang it on the wall with a really long straw and she'd have to run up and get her drink and then run back to what she was doing?! *lol*
love, me <><
Post a Comment