So, it's a big weekend for me as I have stated in my last post! Tomorrow I turn 27! OK - so it really isn't that big a deal, but kind of fun. Birthday's are always good I believe - no matter what age. It's fun to be alive and think that 27 years ago my mom was on her way to having her fifth child. WOW - I can't even imagine. And she was just the ripe old age of 26 I believe! I don't know much about my birth story nor do I have many pictures. Being the fifth child that kind of all gets blurred I think - and I can see how it happens. For goodness sake my poor SECOND child didn't even get a birth announcement like the first - LOL! OH well. Anyway so yeah - it's my birthday! I wish I was all creative and could come up with a little contest or something - some kind of giveaway. Maybe if I think of something by tomorrow I will do it. Fun thing is is that I get to share a birthday with Shannon - owner of Digishoptalk! She is an amazing person to run such a successful internet site for us digi gals! Happy Birthday Shannon. I know there are a few other digi-gals too that share this birthday - was it you Janet - I know you said yours was coming soon - am I outing you?!!!
:::BLOG:::
On to other things. Did you see I made a new blog banner?! That was with Shabby Miss Jenn's Poppies kit at Shabby Miss Jenn Designs. Had a lot of fun with that kit - will be using it for a LO for sure! Anyway - I am not sure yet what size to creat my banner at yet - so I am not sure yet if I like how it is sitting, but I will probably leave it since I make a new one every 2-3 months!
:::FOOD:::
Now we don't use a ton of Parmesan cheese really. I had bought this - ,must have been right when it came out b/c I was making a spinach artichoke dip and my sister told me that fresh grated parmesan is best b/c the powder stuff is just kind of dry and crumbly. So when I was at the store getting my ingredients I found this. It is so cool! It is fresh parmesan that has a self grater. Now we use it quite a bit - on spaghetti and on top of salads - I feel like I am at a restaurant where they ask if you'd like fresh parmesan and then they tell you to tell them when to stop! So fun. Braelyn loves it too now - she can do it all by herself.
KraftFoods puts out this amazing magazine that I got in the mail today. It is totally free - you just have to sign up and it has such great easy recipes in it. Stuff kids LOVE! I am a very simple type food person. Meaning don't dare take me somewhere fancy where they use special sauces and stuff like that. I want a good plain steak with A-1, baked potato, corn, just normal food. Another staple for me is Mac-n-Cheese (can you tell I like Kraft foods in general), chicken fingers and a good plain iceburg lettuce salad with cheese and croutons (ranch and french dressing only!). So this magazine is just right up my alley! My hubby really likes it too - fun to look thru! Go sign up!!!
:::WEEKEND PLANS:::
Tonight is dinner at Mom and Dad's with some of the family just to get together and say Happy Birthday to Paige - my niece. She turned 8 yesterday! I am sure I might get one or two happy birthdays too I guess :). Tomorrow will be a low key day. Maybe some outdoor play if the rain hold out. A little shopping to finish up some things we got last weekend. At night Kyle is taking me to a movie - I get to choose. Not sure which one yet. I am thinking Reign Over Me or Premonition. We will grab just a light salad somewhere for dinner b/c I am all about the popcorn at a movie, and well we can't be out all night b/c of the kids - LOL! Sunday will be church in which I get to sit in on again and the pastor talked a little about the sermon with us at our small group last weekend and it sounds very intriguing! Selah will be going to nursery for sure and Braelyn down to Children In Worship so that I can really listen! After church we are going to my in-laws for Sunday lunch and cake to celebrate my b-day again! Fun weekend! I hope you all have just as fun and fulfilling weekend!!!
Thanks for stopping in!!!




5 comments:
yay, happy birthday again!! I'll see ya tonight and wish a happy birthday one more time-lol.
So funny, I was so gonna buy that parm cheese last week,'cause it looked super cool! We go through that cheese A LOT so next time I'll have to pick some up for sure.
I love your banner, that kit is great, right?!?!?! Your girls look so cute sitting together, darling!!
Have a great weekend girl!
Happy Birthday!!!
Since it's after midnight...an official HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Yeah! Enjoy your date night - too fun! Love the new banner also!
:) ~Bethany
Happy Birthday Amanda!!!! Hope we can make your birthday lunch- Cobe and Ry are heading to the doc as I type this. :-(
Happy birthday to you!! Hope you've had a fab weekend celebrating your special day!
Post a Comment