We welcome with love....Gracyn Kay! She has made her entrance into our world! This morning at 5:30 am I started contractions, but nothing real bad. We hung out in bed until about 8:00 this morning with both girls and I got up around 8:00 and put in our cinnamon rolls and hopped in the shower. In the back of my head I was thinking that this was it, and yet my contractions weren't unbearable yet. We had breakfast after I got ready and about 9:00 I decided I would call the labor line. I did hesitate b/c I knew two weeks ago when I had false labor - it was the same Dr. on call. I was afraid he would think I was looney again with false pains. He told me to come in if I think it was it. So I told Kyle I think we should go and of course he ran around the house wanting to put laundry in, collect trash, etc... Crazy guy. Finally I told him for real - we had to get going. My cousin Lindsay slept over night since we went out last night so she stayed and called my mom once she got out of church. Anyway - we got to our room by 10:15 am and Gracyn made her appearance by 11:01am. So you can probably guess since it went that fast - I got NO drugs. No epidural, not even stadol. I was feeling the need to push by 10:50. The Dr. checked me at about 10:35 and I was a 7. Obviously it progressed really quickly. Anyway - much was a blur, and yet I remember it all too - crazy. I remember saying I couldn't do it without an epidural, and yet I was pushing without even trying - just couldn't stop it! So I feel great and Gracyn is doing wonderfully. She is in warming up after her bath, which I got to go watch b/c I am not numb! That is one plus! So our home is the hospital for a while - it will be a nice break. Braelyn and Selah came already to meet their sister and Braelyn was very happy and excited, Selah just poked her a bit and moved on - LOL! Gall bladder pain is gone - I am praying for good! Thanks for all your prayers - it is truly a miracle to have a healthy beautiful baby girl!
I will post more pics when we get more good ones! My sister in law Nina will come and snap away with her rockin 40D!!!



22 comments:
Congratulations!!! Sounds like everything went well and she's a beauty! Enjoy her!
Congrats! She looks GORGEOUS! and so healthy!
congrats!!! she is beautiful!! I can't believe you were putting in cinnamon buns while you were in labor! LOL!
Congratulations on your new beautiful baby girl! Glad to hear that everything went so smoothly ... and quickly!!!
CONGRATS!!! I can't believe you had a baby today and you've already blogged!!
congratulations ... she is beautiful!!!
Aaaww many congratulations on the arrival of your precious little girl!!
Yay! I am on my way to the hospital right now to meet my newest little niece. See you soon. Congratulations and SO GLAD you are feeling better. You are my hero for having no drugs- WOW!
YIPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, Manda and family! I am so happy for you! And soooo completely jealous of the short labor! LOL! My babies take FOREVER!!
Hope you all are feeling great. Enjoy all that yummy babiness!
Congrats Amanda and Kyle and Braelyn and Selah! What a cutie Gracyn is! I could hardly believe it when I opened up your blog and there she was! I am so glad all is well and she is finally OUT! Enjoy her!
oh...one more thing. I was thinking of that old nursery rhyme that says "Sunday's child is full of Grace". So appropriate that Gracyn was born on a Sunday.
wow, that did go fast... CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so glad your pain is gone and everyone is well! Love her name too!
CONGRATS, Huizengas! Gracyn is beautiful and I love the name! Manda, I am impressed - no meds at all and she is a good sized baby! Good for you! I can't wait to see more pictures and hopefully be able to meet her soon! Hugs to you all!
WOOHOOO! huge congrats & welcome to the world wee one!
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS MANDY and family! She is absooolutely beautiful and our family sends you best wishes and lots of resting! Love you all!!!!
xoxox
My most heartfelt congratulations, Manda! She is such a beautiful little girl!
Congrats!! She looks like a healthy girl :O) I love the name too by the way!
Cogratulations again!
I'm so happy she's here and everything went well!!! congats!!! And what a beautiful name too!
Awww, congratulations!!! She's so beautiful! Holy heck that was a fast labor! And no drugs! Thank goodness it went fast huh? LOL!
She's absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations to the whole family!!
CONGRATS Manda!!! Isn't it AWESOME without drugs though? You just get up and move around right away. I LOVED it! I had the first with epidural and the other two without. Soooo much better! Isn't it amazing how your body just takes over and does what it is suppose to when its time to push? Like you said, you don't really have much control your body just does its job. It's really amazing! Anyway, she is beautiful and I am so glad that you had a quick, uneventful labor & delivery! You always amaze me how fast you are on the computer after having a baby. LOL I remember you doing that after Selah!
You are such a trooper! Can you even believe you have three kids? How cool is that. And she looks even more beautiful in person. I love those luscious lips...look out Angelina Jolie! Can't wait to see you at home and settled in. Let me know when I can bring a meal!
CONGRATULATIONS!! She is absolutely beautiful!!
Post a Comment