10.12.2007

Hold on tight....You're in for a long one

That's what you get when I haven't blogged for a bit. I have so much to talk about. I will try to categorize it in an orderly fashion!



:::BLOG:::

As you can see, my blog has a whole new look. Thanks to my sister Shawn, who designs blogs. Didn't she do a GREAT job? I just adore the new look! So a big thanks again to you Shawn - I think it's fab! And although the blog has been a bit neglected I have had a ton of stuff to share and blog about, so sit tight and hope your eyes don't get too tired!

:::SCRAPBOOKING:::



This is my latest LO I finished up. I LOVE how it turned out. I think it is very "paper" scrapbooking like! And that truly is my favorite style! The LO was done with a template by Janet Phillips and the kit is by Shabby Miss Jenn - ROCKING kit - maybe my favorite YET!!!



I hope today to work on a LO that might be a bit challenging for me that I will be able to show off on Monday - it is for the Monday Lilypad Blog Challenge.




:::Movie Reviews:::


We have watched a bunch of bad movies lately. One we watched two weeks ago is Good Shephard - stongly suggest NEVER seeing that movie. One would think with all the good people in it that it might be good - not true. The one we watched just this past Sunday is Babel. Wasn't real into that one either. Brad Pitt really isn't as great as what some people say, I don't think. Anyway - those are the bad ones in my book.


OK - have any of you seen the trailer/commercial for Dan in Real Life??? If you have not you MUST click on that link and then click on "watch the trailer". All the way at the end he gets pulled over by a cop ( I think in Rhode Island), and the cop says "Do you know how much this is going to cost you?", and Steve Carell (who recently just CRACKS me up, says "Put it on my tab" under his breath. The cop asks, "what did you say", and he again says "put it on my tab". SO FUNNY. You have to watch his face though when he says it. I seriously LAUGH out loud every time. Can't get enough of it. This might be Kyle and my first date night out without baby when it comes out. Good stuff. I just love a good movie with no guns, violence, etc.. I am getting old and I think since having kids I just want decent movies without that stuff. I see enough depressing stuff in the news, let alone in a movie that I pay for!



:::GRACYN:::

OK - so I realize I have not posted any recent pictures of her! Here goes nothing. Not at all fixed up - so excuse that!


















Gracyn in bed - 10/6/07 - one week after birth! She is such a honey. Mmmm...I have a hard time not snuggling her all day for some reason.

















This was actually taken right when we got home from the hospital. Braelyn went right to her books, found the smallest book, and started reading it to her sleepy sister. It was the most precious thing on earth! Braelyn is such a GREAT big sister. A good helper.









And of course - Selah - here to poke and prod her little sis. She really is doing soooo good with her though. She pretty much ignores her, but every once in a while she will come up and try to snuggle her. Love it. I would say we have all adjusted pretty well to our newest addition.
:::FAMILY STUFF:::
My maternal grandmother is not doing real well. Yesterday they put her into Hospice Home and they say it could be days-weeks until she passes away. Such a hard thing for many reasons. I remember my grandma from when I was little. She would take us camping. We had a ton of fun, but unfortunately my grandpa made it fun. My grandma was a bit strict. Still love her. The last year she really has deteriorated mentally and physically. She was hit real hard with alzheimers, and now has almost complete kidney failure. I might go visit her tonight once kids are all settled with Kyle. I have mixed feelings on going to see her b/c I feel like she doesn't know me. She never invested a TON of time in our lives, but I know she loved us. I also struggle with it b/c I want to remember the grandma that was healthy and energetic, not my weak grandma that she is now. I know though that my going to visit will be mainly to support her and my mom and our whole family. Prayers for peace in these next few days/weeks would be appreciated.
:::WEEKEND PLANS:::
Well, this is the end of my post. Tonight we staying home and my sister in law is coming around 4:00 to see Gracyn with my nephew Cobe. She is bringing enchiladas it sounds like so I think we will bake those up and have that. We are skipping out on the haunted corn maze tonight with friends unfortunately. They will have a blast! Tomorrow I am thinking we should go to a local pumpkin farm and pick pumpkins! We have never taken the girls pumpkin picking and I think they will LOVE it. I think they have a hay ride too. I think it will be a touch warmer tomorrow too which will be good. The last few days here have been more fall like - 50's. I also kind of want to hit the local scrapbook store (LSS) that is having their annual sale, which just happens to be by Fazolis - which would be a GREAT lunch place. We'll see what Kyle says about all my plans - LOL - I have not discussed any of it with him. Tomorrow night I think we will go out for dinner. We have a TON of gift certificates and dining coupons so who knows where we will go. Somewhere fast and kid friendly and probably somewhat early! Sunday is just back to a normal Sunday. Back to church this week, probably lunch at mom's (although that could change due to grandma's situation), and then naps and movie night!
Hope you all have a fun filled weekend!!! Signing off for now - Gracyn waking up and time to feed and try to do a LO while doing that - LOL!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, so glad you love the new blog look. I think I actually found a trick to add those sidebar titles but I'm at the office and don't have the images to link to here but I'll give it a try tonight. :)

I'm thinking already my comment may be as long as your post. LOL

First of all, Gracyn is so beautiful that clearly her pictures don't even need touching up. And the LO you did of the 5 of you is quite possibly my favorite LO you've ever done. The colors are amazing and that template worked perfect.

Haven't seen either of those movies you listed that were bad so I'll keep that in mind next time I'm considering a rental. I am definitely going to see that new Steve Carroll movie though. I saw the full trailer at a movie with Jill recently and it looks heartwarming and funny all wrapped into one. Reminds me a little of 'Little Miss Sunshine' in the highly disfunctional family that you can't help but love sort of way.

Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. I had just looked up info on the pumpkin farm thing last week 'cuz Nikki was wanting to go but we never made it there. I think she works tomorrow otherwise we'd probably run into ya. If you end up at Fazoli's you should give me a call. It's right around the corner and I'm sure I could be persuaded to hold Gracyn while you enjoy some breadsticks. :)

I also have to say that I haven't had time to post on my blog in ages but my next post would've likely included almost an identical paragraph to what you wrote about Grandma. I think I could copy and paste the entire thing and it would be exactly how I feel.

Kay, does this count for a blog post for me? I think it should.

Kimberly said...

I love the new blog look and all your great new LO's. I really don't know how you do all that while taking care of 3 kids.

Sounds like you got lots of good stuff goin' on this weekend. We're still getting over sickies so we'll be hangin' out at home most of the weekend.

Anonymous said...

OH WOW Mandy! Loooove your bloggie! O f course Shawn always rocks the gorgeous blogs now these days! LOOOVE your page! Wow..you totally blew me away on it! Looook at how sweet that baby is! Hope you are finding rest here and there! Wish I could come over and babysit! Those girls are scrupmtious!

Janet said...

Great post, Manda. I and LOVE the LO. Funny too...I didn't notice it was my template until I read it but I was like, "Wow, I really love that LO!" I guess I like my sense of design! LOL! And that kit is gorgeous. I haven't picked up any SMJ stuff in sooo long b/c I feel guilty buying stuff when I am not scrapping! Oh well!

Have a great weekend! Gracyn is soooo beautiful! Did your other two have hair like that? I keep hoping that one of my babies will have hair!

S Huiz said...

Enjoyed reading all your updates. So sorry about your grandma- I know it will be tough on all of you for the next few days/weeks. I'll pray for peace for your family. Enjoyed snuggle time with Gracyn today as did all my kids- hopefully it won't be too long when we can get some more! :-)

Lynette said...

Gracyn is ADORABLE!
Your layout is great!
Blog looks wonderful!
That movie trailer is quite funny, normally not a huge fan of that man, (can't think of his name though) but I may have to check that one out!
Definately praying for peace for everyone regarding your grandma, hopefully you had a nice visit tonight!

TheCatLord said...

love the new look and the layout of your beautiful family!

Nina_VK said...

Baby G is ADORABLE!! She looks so sweet and peaceful, love that!!
LOVE Steve Carrol...he is so funny! I never get tired of watching him on Office, he cracks me up. We still ahve movie passes, so that might be one that we go and see. :)

K, how funny, I had no idea that the LSS was having a sale, but I was planning on going there today too 'cause I bought a stinkin prbroken album...ugh. But I want to make autograph books for Eva and Isa to take to Disney. Not that Isa can really even give to somone to sign, but I can't just make Eva one. :) So I told Dino yesterday that I was gonna head up to the LSS, and I was just planning on me going. Not so much....lol he wanted to go to Fazolis for lunch. LOL grat minds think alike I guess .:)

have agreat weekend girl!

Anonymous said...

Love the update. You and your family always have great and creative things planned. Gracyn is such a little cutie pie! Love all the hair! Sorry - about your Grandma. I hope everything goes very peaceful-like. It is so hard to watch our grandparents "go home". It's hard to see them like that... I remember my Grandma with ovarian cancer. But you are right a visit to her shows your support, love and respect to someone who was/is important to your mom's family. God bless!

Bethany said...

Beautiful pics of Gracyn! The pic of Braelyn reading to her seriously brought tears to my eyes - so freakin' cute!

The layout is beatiful, beautiful - so fun to have that pic of your whole family with Gracyn so tiny.

Hope you had fun at today! I'm thinking I know of a great American/Italian restaurant you should go to for dinner! :):)

Anonymous said...

Manda,

Love your blog!

Your LO is way cute!

Gracyn is so... beautiful.
Congratulations again!
I love the picture with Braelyn reading to her. So Sweet!

Have a Great Day