10.08.2007

Lots of Sickies around here

So, when you bring a newborn home from the hospital there should be some unwritten rule about no one else in the family getting sick during your first week home. Braelyn came down with Bronchitis last Wed. night, while at Grandma's luckily. Problem is Grandma doesn't need more than two nights of no sleep so we knew we needed to take the girls back home. Also for Braelyn and Selah's sake we knew that they might begin to feel "pushed to the wayside" if they couldn't be at home once new baby came home. Well, no Braelyn and Selah have quite bad bronchitis and we are just praying that Kyle and I and of course GRACYN don't get sick. They have had horrible fevers during sleeping times. Mostly fine during the day, but bad at night at nap time. I would have thought that Braelyn would have gotten over the fever by today, but she had a slight one again after nap. So please say a quick prayer for some health over here. I guess that is our major difference here with three vs. two kids - I think we will finally start getting stung by the sickies more often. Up until now we have had quite healthy kiddos, now I fear with Braelyn in school and all of us here, that things will just spread from one to the next.

Gracyn and I have to head to a cardiologist tomorrow morning. Gracyn has a slight heart murmur and has since birth, so the Dr. just wants it checked by a specialist. She doesn't seem too concerned, just wants to be on the safe side. So that is my morning with her while my mom once again has the girls. I really long for just a normal week of staying in all week - me and my three girls (and of course hubby at night!). Wed. is Dr. appt again for Gracyn. Those first few months are crazy with Dr. appts, aren't they? But Gracyn is just a hunny. She is cuddly and really so far is my best baby! She actually sleeps for extended periods during the day (not at night yet - LOL), and she eats good. No spit up yet, just lots of poopy diapers. I love just holding her! She's so calm. So that is my baby news.

Hmmm... scrapping related - I have a few things I have been working on. One is I am hosting the Lilypad Blog Challenge today!!! Just finished my post up and can't wait to see all the LO's that people create based on the challenge. There is a GREAT freebie this week too by Natalie!!! Be sure to check it out! I also snagged Janet Phillips Oct. grab bag - the big one - and already did a LO with one of the templates in that - what a great bag it is this month! I will be sure to pop in tomorrow and post my LO's!

Here's to hoping this week settles down a bit for me! I need more scrap time - LOL! Hubby would say I am on this thing non-stop though. I do sit and read blogs while I nurse and stuff and check emails, but I haven't had much un-interrupted time to really scrap in the last week! Oh well - it is quite fun loving on my kiddos so it's worth it!

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh no, so sorry to hear about the sickies in the house! I really hope everyone gets healthy soon! I also hope you have a good week...sounds busy, but I'm sure it will calm down soon! :)

S Huiz said...

Hope B and S turn the corner soon- AND that nobody else gets it. I also hope that G's appt. goes well today. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I surely hope mom, dad and Gracyn don't get those yuckies! Poor girls - that's no fun! I hope everything turns out okay for Gracyn w/the doctor, too. your girls are so cute. sounds like you and mommyhood are doing just fine. you are such a good mommy! have a good week besides the busy-ness.

Anonymous said...

OH I'm so sorry they are sick Mandy! Hoping they are better soon!
xooxox

Lynette said...

That's no fun to have sick kiddos in the house! Especially with baby around... praying for health to return quickly!
Just saw your challenge... great stuff! You are amazing, keeping as busy as you are with a baby just over 1 week old! Parades, shopping, blogging, scrapping... WOW! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Just checking in to see if you have an update from the appt this morning. Not sure if you would know anything yet, but I'm anxious to hear. Hopefully the girls are feeling a bit better by now. Praying for a better night tonight. Sleeping well is the key to making it through those busy days, isn't it?