10.17.2007

Titleless

This is my titleless post. I couldn't think of an appropriate title. Last night, a little after 10:00pm my grandmother past away. My mom actually called me this morning to tell me. We were just kind of waiting, as odd as that may sound. About a year ago actually is when I came face to face with the fact that Grandma was not doing so well. As I was heading out to my girlfriends house to drop off a meal, I saw my grandma getting out of her car at a house that I knew she didn't know the house/person. I thought it was odd and so I told myself that on my way out of the neighborhood, if she was still there, then I would stop and talk to her. Well, she was not there. I decided I would just let my mom know when I got home that I saw her there. With no coincidence I turned out of the subdivision in an opposite direction than I normally do, to head home. I found Grandma again, up the road in another subdivision. I backed up and turned in behind her. I asked her what she was up to and she was very confused and emotional - lost. This was when the alzheimers really started up. There were a few signs before then, but this was really it. I ended up leading her back to her condo safely. My grandma was 83 years old - she had lead a great life. My sister Tammy reminded me today that there is a lot to be thankful to her for. Grandma finally past away due to what they believe was bladder cancer, which lead to kidney failure too. Thank you all for your prayers and little emails/comments here in the past week. Tomorrow we will have the visitation and then Fri. morning the funeral.

After the funeral we have decided to still go up to Drummond Island with our friends. It's a 6 hr. drive and we had planned to go up on Thur. with everyone else, so now we will just leave after the funeral and we should still get there by dinner time Fri. night. Kyle is so excited to get up there again - next month is guy's only for hunting so this time us girls get to tag along. We will do some quading, scrapping, eating, hanging! Very excited. We will take Gracyn with us and leave Braelyn and Selah in the loving arms of their grandparents. Kind of a kid free weekend - LOL. So with all the busyness I will not be back on here until Monday again most likely! Should have some fun pics by then!

Here is a LO I did today while nursing and naps. It is done with this gals fabulous designs. Credits here. It is also my submission for this challenge! You all know me - I love me a good challenge - LOL! They just get me scrapping!








Thanks again gals for all of your kind comments. I am still getting around to all of your bloggies when they update - just don't always have the time or free hand to type in a comment - but I still see when you update and read up on all of your lives!

MandaKay

6 comments:

S Huiz said...

So sorry about your grandma- it sounds like you had already come to terms with her death and were prepared. You'll enjoy your getaway even more after such a serious/sad few days. Know that you and all of your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Unfortunately, we will be out of town tomorrow and Friday, but will be with you in spirit. Have a safe drive up north as well.

Anonymous said...

So sad to see someone who's always been so strong and extremely independent so completely out of sorts and scared. I hadn't heard about that story before but it definitely reminds me of others about Grandma over the past couple of years. I could imagine how she must've felt when you pulled up to help her. Probably such a mix of emotions ranging from embarassment to being so thankful to see a familiar face at the same time. Heartbreaking.

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. And glad to hear you're still going to make it up north.

Love ya

Anonymous said...

Manda,
I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. Alzheimer's is a pretty sad disease.
All my best to you and your family.

Melissa said...

so sorry to hear about your grandma's passing. my prayers for peace are with you and your family.

have fun up at drummond. we were just there over labor day weekend. it was tons of fun. ryan's grandma's cabin is up there, but it had been years since we had been there.

Amy Kleinheksel said...

Amanda & family you are all in my thoughts and prayers through this difficult time. Your Grandma is in such an amazing place!! She can look down on all you and remember everything now!! Take care and have a great weekend :)

Lynette said...

Definately thinking of you and praying for you int he coming days. Ditto what Sarah said about enjoying your weekend even more after such a somber time! Hope you have a good time and safe trip!