3.19.2008

10 Yrs. ago

I was tagged by my sister-in-law and it got me thinking. Here are my answers - hope you find them mildly interesting! :)
10 years ago...I was in my last semester, senior year of high school. I only was in school half day b/c I was in beauty school for half the day! I HATED beauty school. 35 girls in one classroom - 'nuff said. I was however glad to only have to be in school for a half day too - didn't really care for school either! :) 10 years ago I still did not know Kyle, but I knew I would not be marrying the person I was dating, for some reason though I couldn't let go then.

Things on To Do List Today:
~the day is half over, so not a ton on the list anymore. Dinner with friends tonight.

3 Bad Habits:
~complaining about finances.
~spending too much time on computer
~chewing on my inside cheek


If I suddenly became a Billionaire:
~I would first off tithe the 10% b/c suddenly becoming a billionaire would a miraculous act of God and after all - it is all His to begin with! After shaving off the first 10% I would take 50% and invest it. That way it just keeps earning and I could live off of just the earnings! I would use the other 40% to build a new house (which means I could sell this one at a steal of a deal), buy a new vehicle, have more kids, and send them all to our local private christian school. I might even splurge and get a whole new family wardrobe. Oh wait - and I'd get a house cleaner so I could spend more time with family and not cleaning! Am I getting greedy yet?! :)

Five Jobs I've Had:
~Roller rink (yeah - I can really skate - and well to!) Started there when I was 14 - always hitched a ride with my siblings that worked there!
~Electrician - my Dad's owns an electrical company and so for one summer I worked with him. Mind you, he does a lot of agricultural electrical and so I spent a couple weeks at a hog farm with hogs - YUCK!
~Body Perfections - hair salon - started as receptionist while in beauty school and worked there for 5 years. Went to work at the leasing company listed below and then back to salon (different location salon though)
~Leasing Company - i currently work at the leasing company that I worked at for 3 years - a couple years ago. They called me back for a position and I couldn't refuse - love it there.


Five things People Don't Know about me:
~I stress about finances too much (ok - maybe some of you know this about me - LOL)
~I don't read my Bible enough - especially since dropping out of BSF
~I secretly want to be more crafty than I am. Would love to do what some of the crafty girls can do and make cute things.
~I barely EVER wear lipstick - don't really like lipstick
~I am NOT good at decorating

So this was kind of hard - at least the 3 bad habits part and the 5 things people don't know part. I feel like I am kind of an open book, and as far as habits - I have a million and one bad habits - don't we all? It was fun to reminisce though isn't it.

I've been thinking a lot lately about doing a LO about how much things cost currently. Like in our year book we had a section that listed what common things cost that year, like movie theatre tickets, milk, gas, etc... What other things should I list on it? I just think someday my kids will look back at it and say - wow - gas was that cheap - LOL! I always did that when my grandma would say stuff like that - like we spent .05 for a haircut or something like that. So that is on my list of LO's to work on - I think it will be a fun one - but a tough one to do creatively b/c I will probably use stock photos and do mainly journaling. I struggle with those LO's. Another LO I am going to do is a family tree of sorts for my kiddos to have too. I got this great kit at Catscraps to make it easier!


Here is on LO that I finished while at my scrapping thing last Fri. It is of Gracyn's first haircut!


I created it using one of Janet's two page spread templates and Shabby Princess' newest freebie kit. I am shocked that this kit was a freebie - it is awesome! I took the template - which had 3 slightly smaller pictures on each side and then deleted one on each side and made the now 4 pictures down to two slightly bigger photos! I love taking a template and altering it just a bit - to what I need on that LO! I had a good time at the scrap night last week - a lot of chatting and what not, but also got this two pager LO done and one other LO I can't share quite yet.
And on a random note here are some things that have me bothered lately.
~The current influx of "leaders" who can't be monogamous. What is the deal lately. Makes me irate. Do they not think of consequences ever???
~California's ruling that Homeschooling your kids is illegal. Come on - what is the world coming too.
~The nations debt.
Does that give you an idea about who I am?! :) Anyway - I've babbled on long enough today, so Toodles!

4 comments:

S Huiz said...

Yeah- I guess you could say you are an open book- none of that surprised me too much! haha I didn't ever realize or think about that you never wear lipstick though- but you're right- can't ever remember seeing you wearing it. I don't think you give yourself enough credit- you are a fabulous decorator- your house is so nice!!!!! In fact, both of the houses you have built have been so beautifully decorated! Great idea to do a LO on what things cost- I can't remember what things cost when I was little and it would be neat to see- make me a copy of the LO to keep for my kids if you don't mind! You should definitely do... movie ticket, gallon of gas, gallon of milk, loaf of bread, a newspaper, a haircut, a pack of gum/candy, large pizza, pair of jeans, average car, average house, year of preschool. If I think of others, I'll let you know.

Anonymous said...

Geat LO! I can't live w/o my lip gloss...I don't know how you do it. What about a coke, cheeseburger, CDs, concert ticket, etc.

Janet said...

Love the LO, Manda! My, if my kids ever had that much hair I don't know what I would do. Caleb will be for in May and has had ONE trim! LOL!

And good for you for doing the LO's you know you would want to see. I think the prices thing is a good idea!

And I don't wear lipstick either!

Anonymous said...

My yearbook had the same list. Does sound good & I think Sara covered all the bases with her suggestions to find. :) I agree with your last paragraph. Debt, infidelity, home-schooling, etc. Sometimes I wonder what the U.S. is doing to itself. Ever visit Europe - now that's the place to be...conservative, family-oriented, old world traditions are honored not laughed at & people are more open to other cultures. I don't know if all of Europe is this way but Spain surely was & sometimes I just wonder if we couldnt' be a bit more old-fashioned to preserve some good things over here. Does that make sense? Geez, sorry, a blog within a blog comment. LOL